rad_rob's build thread.

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
Hey, I see you guys are kind of local here in SoCal. Do you bother with the local shows? Like Fabulous Fords Forever for example?

Absolutely, I actually had the blue car out there a couple times, and I plan to take this one out there as well. When I had the blue car, I went to just about every show/cruise I could make it to, so if you head out to a lot of them, Im sure youll be seeing this one a lot as well!

Kris_H

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Kris. Wanna customize a Saleen convertible? :asskiss3: Love your work, man.

I'm always down to render Mustangs. :) Shoot me an email to kris at carsbykris.com if you are looking to have one done. I'll be perfectly honest and say that I'm not the cheapest out there, but I'd like to think my work is pretty decent.

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
Speaking of renderings, here is a teaser of things to come.

KI6ZMGX.png

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
^^^^^Is that going to be for the bulletproof '13-'14 year models or the weaksauce '11-'12's?? LOL

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Where ya getting those side skirts from? Is that what your black GT is gonna look like?

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah that will be the final product. The side skirts will be purchased through Trucarbon. They make some incredible pieces.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Absolutely, I actually had the blue car out there a couple times, and I plan to take this one out there as well. When I had the blue car, I went to just about every show/cruise I could make it to, so if you head out to a lot of them, Im sure youll be seeing this one a lot as well!

Cool! I'll try to remember to look for the car this year. Mine kind of fades into the mass of 13-14 Mustangs--not radical enough to grab attention. The other car I have there stands out a bit, though: the ratty-ass Pinto 351W swap currently with a Flying Tigers shark mouth paint scheme. Can't miss it even if you want to (I think the Pintos will be by the entrance drive again this year).

BTW, BCMC has registration for the Ponies At The Pike show open already. That would be a good one to take it to. http://bcmcmustang.homestead.com/qm15page-main.html

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
Cool! I'll try to remember to look for the car this year. Mine kind of fades into the mass of 13-14 Mustangs--not radical enough to grab attention. The other car I have there stands out a bit, though: the ratty-ass Pinto 351W swap currently with a Flying Tigers shark mouth paint scheme. Can't miss it even if you want to (I think the Pintos will be by the entrance drive again this year).

BTW, BCMC has registration for the Ponies At The Pike show open already. That would be a good one to take it to. http://bcmcmustang.homestead.com/qm15page-main.html

I can't wait to see your Pinto! haha. My car will probably have the wheels and suspension installed by then, but it definitely won't be "done" by then. It will still be a fun show to go to though!

Yeah, I will definitely be going to that show as well.

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
So I picked up the wheels today. The fronts barely clear the struts, but they clear. Dropping them off for powder coat Monday and once they come back, Ill mount the tires and put them on the car.

QjlUIUZ.jpg

EPyAmvO.jpg

1sF5WOV.jpg

y7G3REy.jpg

UxYc6dw.jpg

CNZkArA.jpg

2wwWgjH.jpg

claudermilk

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing the car. The wheels look good.

We'll probably be close or in the same class at the BCMC show. I'm in 450 '10-14 Personalized (barely). Obviously right by each other at FFF.

YOu know the car doesn't have to be "done" for FFF. Hell, the Pinto got trailered in the first two times (still didn't run & we got bitched at for it--motivation to get it to drive in itself next time).

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing the car. The wheels look good.

We'll probably be close or in the same class at the BCMC show. I'm in 450 '10-14 Personalized (barely). Obviously right by each other at FFF.

YOu know the car doesn't have to be "done" for FFF. Hell, the Pinto got trailered in the first two times (still didn't run & we got bitched at for it--motivation to get it to drive in itself next time).

Yeah, and "done" is really just relative. Every time I said my bike that I was building was done, my wife would just laugh at me. haha

My first time going to FFF was when I had my '06 and it was completely stock. I just enjoy going down there, hanging out with everyone, and checking out some cool cars.

I can't remember already what class Ill be in for the BCMC show, but I think you're right. I actually totally forgot they give out awards at that show. I was just registering for it to take it to another show. It will be kinda cool to see how this stacks up against the competition.

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
Well the wheels got dropped off at powder coat yesterday. I ended up going with Anthracite with a matte clear on top of it. Should have them back in about a week and half as they have to get sent out to be chemically stripped. Super stoked!

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
So it may be a little while before I post pictures of the car. On Sunday morning, I'll be taking the car down to Whipple to have them fit the new front feed 2.9L supercharger system on the car. They said they will need the car for about 3-4 weeks, as they have to finish fabricating a few brackets that they won't be able to do until they have the car. They are also custom powder coating the blower for me as well, which I will post pictures of as soon as the car is back in my hands. They are also going to do a custom dyno tune for me as well. I am beyond stoked for this, its just going to be hard waiting that long to get the car back.

Stay tuned! Ill keep you guys posted!

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
So today Whipple threw my car on the dyno to lay down some base numbers before the tear down. The car put down 359rwhp and 351rwtq. Im pretty surprised the car put down almost as much torque as it did power. Not too bad. Now the tear down begins and the car should be putting down quite a bit more in a few weeks. I'm super pumped!

Also, the wheels should be done this week, and I will be picking up my Toyo tires this weekend. Ill be posting pictures pretty soon!

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
So time for another update. So after 2 weeks of the wheels being over at the powder coater, I got word on Friday that they have somehow lost them. Pretty frustrating, but they assure me they will be able to find them. So still no updates on the wheels. Hopefully soon. All I do know, is of the 3 times I have been to this place now, 2 of them have had negative results. So now its time to find a new place.

In other news though, I have tires! Toyo hooked me up with a set of Proxes T1 Sport's. I was going to run a 275/35 all the way around, but I really like the look of having a really beefy tire. So I decided to go slightly wider and run a 285/35. This will also make the sidewall slightly taller as well. For some reason, when the tires are not mounted, they look massive! I'm just hoping once I get the car back from Whipple and I'm able to mount everything, I don't run into any clearance issues. I should be ok though. The best part is I put the order in on Friday around 2, and they still showed up on my porch the next day.

ArLkoKh.jpg

NJReWfh.jpg

X9ee6U8.jpg

So as of right now, that's where I'm at. More updates coming soon!

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Lost your wheels?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Hope they play nice and get it resolved quickly!!

Those tires are WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!!!!! wow!!!

Cant wait to see this all come together!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back