RC Cars

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm not into to them much but i bought mine from a buddy about 4 years ago for $75. Wanted to get in to it but have no clue of even what it is. Some help on what brand or ANYTHING would be good. Let see what yall got . I do wanna get a new body for it. All i know bout it is that it runs and that its a bitch to dial it in and that it is AWD. Any help would be appreciated !!!!

62c5e68b-524e-32b8.jpg

62c5e68b-525d-a6ca.jpg

62c5e68b-526b-7e93.jpg

62c5e68b-527e-b801.jpg

Last edited:

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Its gas ! Im uploading pics right now ....

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Hmm looks like an older tamiya, it's 1/10th scale any 200mm lexan body will fit you just have to cut holes for the body mounts.

http://www.hpiracing.com/hpibodies/200mm/

Tuning might be an issue if the engine is out of compression it's pretty much done, the pistons are an interference fit and once that tightness is gone you need a new piston and sleeve and it will never get tuned correctly. If you are able to turn the flywheel over with your finger with the plug in, the engine is all stretched out.

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ya the last time i started it was bout 2 years ago and it ran like a champ for and hour while i messed with it .... but havent touched it since

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
If you can get it to run again it should be OK for a little while but with those engines when they air chances you need to adjust the tune they don't compensate for anything it's just a few needle valves on the carb. I have to retune all my cars pretty much constantly.

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry but i have NO knowledge of these things.. Do you have to take the shit apart to tune it ? LOL i havent even tried to take it apart

psumustang

Dirty Jerz to SoFlo
Reaction score
don't bother getting a body for it, you will destroy it soo quick...I crash mine all the time lol...good luck with it, its a lot of fun and don't get addicted to the mod bug for it lol

ModMe

Reaction score
Tuning might be an issue if the engine is out of compression it's pretty much done, the pistons are an interference fit and once that tightness is gone you need a new piston and sleeve and it will never get tuned correctly. If you are able to turn the flywheel over with your finger with the plug in, the engine is all stretched out.

I can turn my T-max motor over by hand and have no issues tuning it. If you can get it running try turning the main needle about 3 turns out and run it high speed. Keep adjusting it leaner until it starts cutting out at top end and back off half turn. Once the high end is tuned you can adjust the idle mixture. Hope that helps out.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I've run engines to their life limit I'm sure not many have they can last for years, I've run one till the piston literally freewheels in the liner lol

topbliss

Reaction score
My Son and I have a few too.. In fact I built his a 1/8th scale 4wd off road car but never started it.. Not enough time

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
That looks like a Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec judging by the electric starting system. or someone shoe horned a TRX engine and EZ start into it. Speed is 50+MPH but seriously unless your on a flat surface that thing is impossible to control

I have a good amount of experience with those. when I was into those this is what i had:

3 Traxxas T-Maxx
1 Traxxas Nitro Sport
2 Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec
1 HPI Nitro Sport
1 HPI Nitro MT

2 of the three T-maxxes recieved engine swaps, the Nitro mT recieved a complete makeover. new chassis, new shock towers, new suspension, new transmission new engine. that thing was a beast.

Ill help you out the best I can

but im 99% sure that is a Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec, looks like a first generation with the TRX Pro .15 Engine.

Last edited:

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
...but im 99% sure that is a Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec, looks like a first generation with the TRX Pro .15 Engine.

^This. I've got an instruction manual around somewhere if you want me to scan it for you. Anyone run Super-Tens or Super Nitros?

topbliss

Reaction score
It sure does.. We have one I never started .. lol

That looks like a Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec judging by the electric starting system. or someone shoe horned a TRX engine and EZ start into it.

but im 99% sure that is a Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec, looks like a first generation with the TRX Pro .15 Engine.

ModMe

Reaction score
I was thinking that was a TRX motor as well. I beat the crap out of my last .15 motor and could not kill it. When tuned right these things last for years. Most of the manuals for Traxxas vehicles can be found on their website.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back