RC Cars

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Cool!!!

But is that a thing? To record your RC session and play it back?
I'm more into the visual detail of the RC body/exterior.

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
I have never recorded mine but the view might be cool. I have a skate park near by so I like to fly out of the 9 foot bowl and what not. Also a dirt field with some decent jumps.

Maybe something like this?

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Geez, I still can't believe these electric RCs are hitting +100MPH.
How do you control it??

I have no idea how fast mine is, but no where near that speed and its hard to keep it in a straight line without rolling it over...

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
It runs pretty straight, I had to make a wheelie bar out of carbon fiber to keep the front down though.
It drags the bar on the ground the whole way. You can see it in the vid at 0:06.
Also that wing I chopped up helped the car to stay straight a ton. You have to iron out the little things or it will never be stable.

Without it the car would do a back flip after 80mph, not bad for a 9lb off road buggy LOL.
I have a 100mph 1:10 gas car too...

THAT was a lot of work to get it to that speed.

Last edited:

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
It runs pretty straight, I had to make a wheelie bar out of carbon fiber to keep the front down though.
It drags the bar on the ground the whole way. You can see it in the vid at 0:06.
Also that wing I chopped up helped the car to stay straight a ton. You have to iron out the little things or it will never be stable.

Without it the car would do a back flip after 80mph, not bad for a 9lb off road buggy LOL.
I have a 100mph 1:10 gas car too...

THAT was a lot of work to get it to that speed.

So thats your car!!?? I thought you posted some generic video. lol
Awesome!!

How much room (distance) do you need to reach that speed and slow down?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
So thats your car!!?? I thought you posted some generic video. lol
Awesome!!

How much room (distance) do you need to reach that speed and slow down?

Yes those are mine, I'd say about 500-600 feet with the gas car, about 300-400 feet with the electric car.

Oh snap!!! I have a RS4-3 too!! Although mine is no where near that fast. LOL

How did you get it to go that fast?

I stuffed a big block ported out .21 novarossi engine in and I made some very high custom gearing, and it's very light, the chassis has been cut up and some parts had to be moved around, it's only good for 2 runs then it overheats or melts the aluminum clutch shoes.
2n1byqf.jpg

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Wow!!! How did you make the electric car go that fast? Custom fab too?
Why does the RS4 melt clutches? Why does it overheat; too much load?

Oh and what kind of GPS is that? Hmm, seems like a nice unit to use in the car (real car).

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Wow!!! How did you make the electric car go that fast? Custom fab too?
Why does the RS4 melt clutches? Why does it overheat; too much load?

Oh and what kind of GPS is that? Hmm, seems like a nice unit to use in the car (real car).

Yes custom gearing on the electric and some sick batteries much easier than gas.

Well the car has no low end since it's one speed.
So if you put put around with it instead of just stabbing it, the clutches get their shit dragged and can't move the car so themy melt...

You have to run up... turn around.. hit full throttle and just wait for it to get up to speed and start screaming past you, then full stop and turn around again.
It's kind of like putting our cars in 4th gear while stopped and going WOT way too much load, the clutch bell turns nice and blue from being overheated lol.

It's a garmin forerunner 201 all over ebay for 40-60 bucks.

topbliss

Reaction score
my Son and myself got back into rc racing with a vengence. Our hometrack is in lancaster pa.. Its a new indoor heated and ac clay track. Here is his new 2wd sct racing last weekend. Its so much better today with brushless and lipos then the old brushed/ni cad days.

topbliss

Reaction score
lets see how many guys here know what i just built here?

And its an original 1990 model not the chinese made new re issue

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Damn I remember when I had that rc10gt stadium truck, old schooool

midlife5.0

Reaction score
That is until the JRX2. Losi for life! Seriously though, I won my first race in 89 or so, man I am old. I still have a nice vintage collection of cars including Yokomo YZ-10 (First car I ever won a race with), Schumacher Topcat (Given to me by Cecil Schumacher at Chicago Hobby show) and way too many Jrx2 variations. I have some modern stuff too. Good times.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back