Replaced the stock Vortech/Paxton intake with a DIY power pipe

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
AFM offers a Power Pipe with suck through MAF. There's no way to convert to use stock MAF instead of DBX?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390158822145&viewitem=#vi-content

Yeap, but they designed it to only be used with the dbx. That pipe is $260 and doesnt come wiht the maf/filter. The maf is another $380 plus the cost of a filter. Your looking at 700$ for that setup.

Like I said earlier, a member here bought that pipe for $260 without the dbx, modded it to fit the stock maf with a weld-on flange, bung fot recirc, and a filter. Ended up spending around $350 total.

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
Yeap, but they designed it to only be used with the dbx. That pipe is $260 and doesnt come wiht the maf/filter. The maf is another $380 plus the cost of a filter. Your looking at 700$ for that setup.

Like I said earlier, a member here bought that pipe for $260 without the dbx, modded it to fit the stock maf with a weld-on flange, bung fot recirc, and a filter. Ended up spending around $350 total.

The AFM pipe isn't set up to recirculate, I bought it because I was switching to blow thru and it comes with a really nice heat shield, pipe, and filter for $259 which was all I needed. The only other thing I need to buy was the MAF mount as I already had a BA 5000, so it cost me about $300 plus $30 or so to weld it together.

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The AFM pipe isn't set up to recirculate, I bought it because I was switching to blow thru and it comes with a really nice heat shield, pipe, and filter for $259 which was all I needed. The only other thing I need to buy was the MAF mount as I already had a BA 5000, so it cost me about $300 plus $30 or so to weld it together.

Exactly, you have to weld abung for the recirc as well. You would figure they would offer it with those options.

The scenario im talking about is remaining drawthru, It makes sense that going blowthru is cheaper, I priced out everything for $150 to make a diy powerpipe on a blowthru setup. I like how with 45 degree pipe we used on Gregs, it gives you room for a bigger filter he can easily fit a 10" filter now instead of the dinky vortech one.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you do did not have to worry about the MAF flange you could easily get a 12" filter in there.

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Ima start mine this week , thanks again man !

Any ideas on a heat shield yet ?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No; defintely needs the tune adjusted...I am going out of town this week so I hope to have it on the dyno the 11/12.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Who was this question to? ^

If me I did everything wtih the new setup at once so I can't say what the power pipe itself did.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back