Replaced the stock Vortech/Paxton intake with a DIY power pipe

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Understand...if I was closer to my tuner/dyno it would have been great to dyno the just the power pipe but with all the things that had to be upgraded/replaced it wasn't feasabile.

It has to be worth 1-2 lbs of boost to eliminate the S type inlet.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble viewing the pics? Congrats man..

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The pics of the power pipe? I can take more and post them if needed.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Let me know if there is something specific you want to see.

Last edited:

TurboX

Formally Buzz Lightyear
Reaction score
Wow Greg, Looks good and thanks for the links on 1st page. Just what Im needing to fab a new Turbo pipe.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will check and see if anyone had the video's from the track rental in Nov....best run was 11.4@124/5 with a 2.0 60 ft time...I could not get a better launch..people said the stock TC was holding me back, installed the PTC TC over the winter so we will see how it does.

Not sure how much it had to do with it but I only turned traction off, I just found out via the forum I have to place my foot on the brake and hold the traction button down for 5 seconds to really turn everything off which I will test at the track.

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
a6cd0b7b-3a12-38bc.jpg

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will have to get more done when I get the car back; the forum only lets you have so much picture space so I think I deleted these pics to make room for more pics...sorry....

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
Not jumping your thread but you can run the stock draw through maf and the Anderson Powerpipe. I finished a setup about a month ago and took it to the dyno this week. We picked up 2-1/2 pounds of boost which gave 30 more hp. from the stock plastic setup without spinning the blower any faster. Here are some picks of the setup. If I didn't get 1hp out of the upgrade I would of done it anyway. The motor has never run this well, you will see a big difference between Idle and Wot. Smooth rpm up and down the range like never before. If your running the HO setup you need to dump the plastic BV's and intake, you will be very happy with the results.

CIMG0020.jpg

CIMG0018.jpg

Last edited:

ThePope

forum member
Reaction score
Not jumping your thread but you can run the stock draw through maf and the Anderson Powerpipe. I finished a setup about a month ago and took it to the dyno this week. We picked up 2-1/2 pounds of boost which gave 30 more hp. from the stock plastic setup without spinning the blower any faster. Here are some picks of the setup. If I didn't get 1hp out of the upgrade I would of done it anyway. The motor has never run this well, you will see a big difference between Idle and Wot. Smooth rpm up and down the range like never before. If your running the HO setup you need to dump the plastic BV's and intake, you will be very happy with the results.

CIMG0020.jpg

CIMG0018.jpg

That's a nice setup you got there. I would like to do something like this in the near future. I wish someone made a heat shield for the 2010 cars tho.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back