replacing rear shocks

edgofrea1ity

forum member
Reaction score
I am in the process of changing my rear shocks on my 08 bullitt and i am trying to get the top bolt out but the whole thing is spinning... how do i need to go about getting that bolt out?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
A 10mm wrench will fit on top of the shaft so you can hold it from spinning while you turn the nut with a larger, appropriate sized wrench. If you've rounded off or destroyed the top of the shaft then just grab it with vise grips.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
A 10mm wrench will fit on top of the shaft so you can hold it from spinning while you turn the nut with a larger, appropriate sized wrench. If you've rounded off or destroyed the top of the shaft then just grab it with vise grips.

Sounds very painful!

edgofrea1ity

forum member
Reaction score
I may have ruined the shaft from messing around with it to much. I tried vise grips but they were pieces of junk so it kept slipping in those. Wd40 help?

cgibs89

Stickers add HP brah
Reaction score
I know you're not supposed to but since you're trying to remove it, not tighten it down, use an impact if you have one. I had the same dilemma as you but didn't have wrenches at the time so I used an impact and it spun it off no problem.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back