RetroGT2006's Latest Mods

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
I have a whole new love for this car. I have installed some new mods and absolutely love them all! Check it out since I haven't made a post out in a while.

Installed a new 11-14 Steering wheel, it came out of my buddies 2014 Roush RS3 when he upgraded to a GT500 suede wheel.

Well, I've had the Brembo brake kit on my car for years and I finally ate through the front pads, they would occasionally squeal so I thought nothing of it.. Then one day it was a constant dragging noise.. I pulled the wheel off on my passenger side and the inner pad was completely gone and ate up the whole inside of the rotor. So I figured instead of machining it, let me upgrade.

Picked up some new StopTech Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads.

Then came some wheels, I ended up selling the OEM 11-14 Track Pack wheels and I had a good week at work so I bought my dream wheels.

18x10 front and rear Forgestar CF5 Deep concave wheels, wrapped in Mickey Thompson Street Comps.

The next day, my paint kit came in so I did a little painting =).

Last edited:

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome. How much did the rotors set you back?

I paid $398 for the rotors and pads shipped. I forget what the rotors alone costed. Just checked the site, $289.00 for the rotors.

Last edited:

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, nice round of mods! Car looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I am so happy with how she turned out. Next up will be an MGW Flat Stick style shifter to replace the hurst.. I am trying to hold off though and let my bank account recuperate lol.. So maybe next month or so ill place the order.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Finally gave in and bought an MGW shifter. This thing is fricken amazing! I wish I did this from the start! Puts the Hurst and every other brand shifter I have driven to shame!

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Back with a new few mods. Ended up going with a new GT/CS front bumper, and BC Racing Coilovers, BMR Adj Panhard Bar and BMR Adj UCA. MGW Flat Stick

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I love the GT/CS front and CF5's ... I'm really itching to buy those for my Bullitt in 19's in matte black. Something about 5 spokes on 05-09's just looks really clean.

RCrumb

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That flat stick looks fantastic, shit. Love the colour of your ride, that blue is really attractive.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
I love the GT/CS front and CF5's ... I'm really itching to buy those for my Bullitt in 19's in matte black. Something about 5 spokes on 05-09's just looks really clean.

You should do it ;).. I am huge on the 5 spoke style wheel, that is why I went with these vs others that I really liked.

Cars looking good man clean
Thanks man!!!

Love those CF5s, car looks great!
I appreciate it =)!!

Car looks great man!!!
Keep up the good work
Thanks!!

When is the booooooost coming? lol.
Bro, I want a Procharger really bad... I am afraid to boost my stock motor at 102,000 miles.. I bought it brand new and took care of it maintenance wise, but Its been a rough 102k for her. I beat the shit out of it every time I drive..

That flat stick looks fantastic, shit. Love the colour of your ride, that blue is really attractive.
Thanks! If anyone is on the fence about the MGW flat stick, go for it! It shifts like butter! Way better than my old MGW or Hurst.. I absolutely love the color =).

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back