Rev limit for Procharger on stock engine?

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
Thinking about getting a Raptor Shift Light after I get the Procharger tuned on my 2010GT.

Just wanted to get a few opinions on how high they would rev to to keep everything safe on the stock block.
It is the Procharger HO kit.

My tuner will be tuning the car pretty safe and I will also ask him this same question, but wanted other opinions.

As of now I don't have plans to race the car and if I get the shift light it will be hiden in an A/C vent. I do drive spiritly ofter, so don't want to over rev it.

Thanks

killr3v

Hector G.
Reaction score
I would cap it off at 6k

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I ran my 06 with a vortech to 66-6700 at the track

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
On a rpm based power adder on the stock rods over revving is probably one of the worse things you could do. I would keep around the stock 6200 rpm limit for peace of mind if you want it to last awhile. If you want to make more power on the dyno you will need to rev it higher obviously.

Bullitt3478

forum member
Reaction score
With the crank pulley on the pro charger,you don't want to bounceitoff the rev limiter very much. There have been a few that have broken the pulley right off the crank. I had my limiter set at 6500, but the raptor set at 6k. Often making the shifts around 6200. The rpm's come way quicker with a blower,which makes shifting on the light tricky without hitting the limiter. If you want to shift at a certain rpm I would set the raptor a few hundred rpm less for a while. As said above if you want to keep it alive longer,keeping the revs down is the easiest way IMHO.

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
When I add my boost, im not revving past 6k...6200 on accident.. lol. I know the RPMs are gonna come MUCH faster. I need my DD to survive with boost lol

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
On my stock engine I set the rev limiter to 7200 and had the trans set up to shift at 6900 and went through the traps at 6900. That said if I were depending on the car as daily transportation and not worried about ET or trap speed I would shift at 6200 and limit rpm to 6500 max. If it doesn't make the power you want you can always put a smaller pulley and make more boost at a lower RPM and likely go as fast if not faster than you would spinning the engine higher rpm.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I'd stick around 6000-6200 as well just for peace of mind being that I drive the shit out of my car that's what I will be aiming for.

gt08vapor

forum member
Reaction score
i ran my stock motor to 6800 with a D1sc procharger for 2 years. pistons looked good when i pulled it for a built one

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
I have hit the stock rev limiter a few times getting on the on ramp here. I'm good leaving it at stock. I'll just get a bright shift light to remind me before I get there to be safe.

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
with my rear wheel being close at 500 my shift points are at 5800 (auto) and rev limit is at 6000

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back