S&H still on here? Need pump

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
S&H should reconsider dropping vendor status. He had quite a bit of good posting in his vendor area for turbo guys. Guests are crawling all over the vendor area. Those guests are joining and asking questions. They are also buying shit.

They can sell for free on fb/Instagram.

It may not sound like much to some/bigger companies but going from $50 to $75 a month when you are not generating any revenue/return on your investment you get out or you won't be n business; its not like they were selling a turbo kit a day, most people have to save for a kiy or get one at tax return time...so...what used to cost them $600 a year now cost them $900 a year....simple math.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am the "crackpot" tuner and maybe you should think twice and check your resources before calling names......

I was approached today by the OP in regards to whether or not an unknown brand 465lph pump "possibly Deutchworks" would work for his fuel system. I told him to find out what pump it was and to also find out if there is a data sheet available. I'm not sure where asking for this information makes me unknowledgeable but dialing in a Ford returnless fuel system from scratch without data can be a very time consuming process. I've had numerous customers show up with an unknown gerotor pump "aka 255" and they simply do not work in a returnless configuration and I was simply trying to save the customer time and money.

I do not need to pay for advertising on here or bash anyone else in an attempt to gain business but anytime someone is chastised for seeking knowledge or help it's the wrong place to seek advise.

Bob Monks
STLMustangs

And you are who again? Not being a smart ass but have not heard of you/tuning abilities...and perhaps the op could have worded it differently and avoided a lot of this drama.

84T-TopNotch

forum member
Reaction score
I asked for an answer not the drama I got as a response. You got that backwards Greg.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why would anyone be surprised that Kimmer retained admin privilege as a condition of sale? He still owns a mustang after all.

I could easily be wrong, but Kimmer is under no obligation to fill us in on the sale details.

Be fun if retard newb got surprised by a Kimmer banhammer :) Who knows, he might be itching to knock the rust off it![/QUOTE

Look again, still says owner/admin...and no one made mention of the details of the sale so why bring it up? Really tried to give you the benefit of the doubt when all the drama of the sale was going on but you really sound like a kimmer/shaggy cheerleader.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I asked for an answer not the drama I got as a response. You got that backwards Greg.

A lot of the drama was not aimed at you, it was over why s&h were not vendors anymore; lito chimed in and said if your tuner did not know how or needed fuel tables to tune your car then you should not be using that tuner.

You brought some of the comments on yourself when you made your comments about "no reason to troll useless posts as you had cars to build" to which I said bye.,.

84T-TopNotch

forum member
Reaction score
Honestly after spending my weekend getting my turbo Fairmont rolling again and a 20 hour Whipple install I have no interest in staring at my car tonight

84T-TopNotch

forum member
Reaction score
78 Fairmont 4 door sleeper build for Street Car Takeover events this summer. Sbf, studded aluminum heads, 70mm turbo, -10 feed -8 return with triple pump fuel cell e85, Performance Automatic C4 trans with reverse manual valve body and stall. Got it rolling to send to shop for minitub, rear coilovers, anti roll bar, and tube some of the front and bracing.

b7c0145bf564a2d3f24cc1e958e93b57.jpg

Put my stock 07 wheels on it to roll around with 5 lug swap lol

dee466aa0373a371e014ae64567da890.jpg

bca856edf5ac7c2af2e9c648b9269e23.jpg

096504c92061d1356f2c4e9b3cf15f6a.jpg

6d717c119f64bcc194d0df1424ff247a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice!

Hope you did not buy the Whipple used from someone on here....

84T-TopNotch

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks. Just picked up drag wheels for the 07 and have an AJE tubular K with coil overs and Aerospace brakes that needs installed. Running BMR for rear control arms and looking for a set of rear new style Cobra Jet springs. I like my 07 as a fun driver but my foxes seem like a better fit to go fast with.

7e374846a4b084a04bca9090ab7d3a3d.jpg

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Aje made tubular k members for the s197? Thought just BMR and upr did...haven't seen that name for a while!

Bobby

turbo gt about to go fast
Reaction score
just out side of charlotte north carolina
Greg is partially correct. Yes it cost more and why pay that when we can do it for free somewhere else. The main reason is back in december we were told the site was sold and that nothing would change. Then at the end of jan beginning of feb jeremy gets a pm not even both of us and it said basically the price was going up to $75 a month. So jeremy and my self talked and decided that we cant trust them and that it was obvious. Not to mention the forum board had been dead and more people were on face book. To us it looked like greed and a way to recoop their money they paid for the site. As a matter of fact we sold 4 turbo kits in jan and feb (still no one having problems with fitment) from facebook. So that is why we decided not to do anything. Any longer on here

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why would anyone be surprised that Kimmer retained admin privilege as a condition of sale? He still owns a mustang after all.

I could easily be wrong, but Kimmer is under no obligation to fill us in on the sale details.

Be fun if retard newb got surprised by a Kimmer banhammer :) Who knows, he might be itching to knock the rust off it![/QUOTE

Look again, still says owner/admin...and no one made mention of the details of the sale so why bring it up? Really tried to give you the benefit of the doubt when all the drama of the sale was going on but you really sound like a kimmer/shaggy cheerleader.

I like Kimmer and Shaggy both and make no bones about it. Kimmer obviously did a great job standing up this site. Shaggy has done a good job as new owner and been pretty remarkably restrained. I would have used the old ING's 5% rule a long fucking time ago.

I've been pretty clear on where I stand since the get go with the sale. Its been long enough, if a person is truly unhappy, move on. I will say there are some stand up guys I would hate to see leave, but I don't think they are giving Shaggy a fair shake.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
What was that comment about?

Ahh yes...my comment about hammers and hacksaws. It's all in this thread where there are......well.........hammers and hacksaws being utilized during the installation of the kit.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115994&highlight=twin+twins

YES YOU DO!!! You will be very happy with the results :naughty1:

Maybe something to do with some of the comments in my build thread? For "some of us", the comment was somewhat applicable. But, not necessarily to the extent it could be interpreted to be by most readers, and it may not apply at all to others. Depends on various factors. I'll leave it at that.

My comments were directly aimed at *that* thread. And yes, it was all tongue and cheek. Bobby, I'm sorry your feelings were hurt over my comment. I just don't go and make up lies and bash people for no reason. The two installs in the thread that are well documented pretty much give all issues...i didn't have to make anything up. If I was lying, I could understand why you'd wanna get all "North Carolina mountain" on me. :poke:

And Bobby...do you have any links to these other twin kit builds that are up and running on Facebook? Because if it's working so well for them I'd like to see them as well as discuss the install with some of these guys on their particular cars. Unfortunately I have nothing to go on here. Six months has gone by on these two cars in the above thread I linked that are still not running. So, at least in this arena here on the forum, I have nothing to go on. And on Dillons build, engine issues has him way behind.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
This is why I pay out of pocket to run a forum, and tell potential vendors to post away in one section, but to keep the ads there.

I can't wait for the next time there is a user with a legit beef with a vendor. I want to see how it gets handled.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Why did I posted what I did? well, because I see this kind of thing frequently, "my tuner told me to find data for this throttle body", "my tuner is having issues with my car", and that makes me mad/sad. Why? because that is tuner's work, tuning is not cheap and you are supposed to be a professional at what you do to charge what you charge.

My other problem is asking for data that should not be asked for or that really do not exist. "Pump data" or "Throttle body data" there is no such thing, the only completely characterized component in a tune on the 3V platform are the injectors (and even there, it can be argued), no more. Why is that I say that this data does not exist, because an electronic returnless fuel system is just that a system not a pump by itself, I can use the exact same pump in two different cars, one with the complete stock system and the other with wire upgrades, bigger lines, filters, rails or even a PPRV delete in it and the thing changes completely, so how in the world could a seller, provide such data? there is no way, they can provide actual pump data, voltage/volume/pressure graphs and all but that is it, the data requested is for a complete system and can't be replicated, is a feed forward PID controller data of a COMPLETE system. The same thing with a throttle body, many tooners think that data you extract from another car that carries this same TB can be used directly in their tune because, "hey is the same part" but the calibration is not for "that part" it is for "that part with x intake and y engine behind it" and it is not 100% applicable, so whenever you remove your stock filter/intake and replace it with an aftermarket CAI, will that screw your drive by wire calibration out of the window? no, but is not the same, it changes, things changed. "I installed a GT500 TB on my NA 3V, so I copy a GT500 data over and I am done?" no, you are not, that data was for a completely different engine and intake so is completely off.

This a consequence of a very friendly system on SCT's advantage that is value file system, value files are good and help a lot on tuning different platforms, it allows you to get some data from different sections of your calibration and save as a separate file and use that in a different tune file. Is so nice that HPtuners has or is going to implement into their software, which is great. What is the bad thing that this has brought, value file tooners, people that has access to data and implement it but doesn't really know what is going on. On this date, tuning right a 3V for someone that does this on a a daily basis is not time consuming at all as there are zero mysteries left anymore in this platform and for the price it is usually charged for it, it should be done right.

I am the "crackpot" tuner and maybe you should think twice and check your resources before calling names......

I was approached today by the OP in regards to whether or not an unknown brand 465lph pump "possibly Deutchworks" would work for his fuel system. I told him to find out what pump it was and to also find out if there is a data sheet available. I'm not sure where asking for this information makes me unknowledgeable but dialing in a Ford returnless fuel system from scratch without data can be a very time consuming process. I've had numerous customers show up with an unknown gerotor pump "aka 255" and they simply do not work in a returnless configuration and I was simply trying to save the customer time and money.

I do not need to pay for advertising on here or bash anyone else in an attempt to gain business but anytime someone is chastised for seeking knowledge or help it's the wrong place to seek advise.

Bob Monks
STLMustangs

You say I advertise and bash here to gain business but what I see is a tuner requesting a customer to do his work, the work that the customer will later have to pay for. Asking to find out what kind of pump it is physically is one thing and absolutely needed so you and him do not waste time but asking for data is nonsense and that is what I pointed at, if that hurt you in any way, sorry.

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ahh yes...my comment about hammers and hacksaws. It's all in this thread where there are......well.........hammers and hacksaws being utilized during the installation of the kit.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115994&highlight=twin+twins

My comments were directly aimed at *that* thread. And yes, it was all tongue and cheek. Bobby, I'm sorry your feelings were hurt over my comment. I just don't go and make up lies and bash people for no reason. The two installs in the thread that are well documented pretty much give all issues...i didn't have to make anything up. If I was lying, I could understand why you'd wanna get all "North Carolina mountain" on me. :poke:

And Bobby...do you have any links to these other twin kit builds that are up and running on Facebook? Because if it's working so well for them I'd like to see them as well as discuss the install with some of these guys on their particular cars. Unfortunately I have nothing to go on here. Six months has gone by on these two cars in the above thread I linked that are still not running. So, at least in this arena here on the forum, I have nothing to go on. And on Dillons build, engine issues has him way behind.

I can't speak for the texas twins but they were told in no uncertain terms that the kit was not designed for a 4r70 and could not guarantee the fit; they were also given a discount on the kits which was a very nice gesture from S&H. In reading the thread I was shocked at maybe unintentionally or otherwise they were bashing the S&H kit to the point I called Jeremy/Bobby and asked what was going on? I cannot speak for everyone's mechanical abilities but installing a turbo kit is daunting and is not for everyone...

I can however speak to installing the kit as Jeremy and I did his in my garage and there was no need for a hacksaw nor hammer so I stand by my thoughts that was a fucked up thing to say from someone who has neither purchased the kit nor installed it and if it were up to me I would never sell you a kit.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back