Sailing?

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Anyone else into sailing? I'm going into my 3rd year of sailing and first year racing.

I'd like to try sailboarding and kite surfing too. I live right next to Lake Ontario which is more of an inland sea than a lake. I've sailed on 6-7 waves in a 28 footer. Wild.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've sailed on an older Hunter 30, a 28' catamaran, a practically restored Bristol 27, a S2 24' and an Island Packet 380 (apartment on water). Tonight I sail a totally new to me boat. Not even sure what it is but it's a 30 footer I think. This is my first dedicated racing attempt. I've done a single race before. This is a series.

I am partial to full keels and tillers. I've been out on 6+ footers in the Bristol and the Island Packet. Racing sailboats is kind of an oxymoron, but I like it. I call it the art of racing slow.

Last edited:

Dr Wu

Faraway
Reaction score
If you like speed sailing check this one out...they capsized...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZDS3miKQCc

101 of sailboarding is big board (flotation & stability) with little sail, little wind. Speed sailboarding on flat water at the limit is quite a rush...I mean so much wind you actually fly off the surface no matter how good you are.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back