Securing Our Future

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A little helping hand is always welcome...We took off the CAI and then the plenum to put the stock CMVCs back in before going to the dealership. And as I was typing this, Ford called and told me they just ordered a new alternator and it will be replaced under warranty. Only thing I didn't take off is the pulleys, but my guess is they didn't even notice them. Woohooo....

Amazing what 10 nm feels like to a 5 year old on the second pic, huh?

Last edited:

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those are totally cool pics! My 4yr old daughter likes to help out too...

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pretty sweet! Though, when I took mine to get my alternator fixed, I kept everything on there. It actually turned out pretty well, the guy who worked on my car had an 06 him self and we ended up chatting the whole time. He even commented on my pulleys when he pulled the alternator.

So does she get the car in about 13 years or so?

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pretty sweet! Though, when I took mine to get my alternator fixed, I kept everything on there. It actually turned out pretty well, the guy who worked on my car had an 06 him self and we ended up chatting the whole time. He even commented on my pulleys when he pulled the alternator.

So does she get the car in about 13 years or so?

That's cool you have a dealership like that. My understanding is German dealerships are comparable to the worst American dealerships in reference to honoring warranty work when the car has been modded. I got that info from a Mustang enthusiast that works for Ford here in Germany. So I wasn't going to take the chance.

In reference to the car, thinking her and her 18 month old brother are going to have to fight for it. I've already got him sucking on wrenches. LOL...

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no shit, looks like he's steering in the right direction. LOL...

I had an interesting thing happen with tools. A few months ago my daughter was helping me install SS brake lines while playing with the 184 piece Craftsman tool box. She decided to build a neighborhood with all the pieces. Took me half an hour to get it all back together.

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no shit, looks like he's steering in the right direction. LOL...

I had an interesting thing happen with tools. A few months ago my daughter was helping me install SS brake lines while playing with the 184 piece Craftsman tool box. She decided to build a neighborhood with all the pieces. Took me half an hour to get it all back together.
:funnypost: That's a classic! Did you take a pic?

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nah, it was starting to freaking rain and I still had the drivers side SS line to do so I put it all in a pile and covered it until it stopped raining. Did get a good laugh though...at least she did anyway. LOL...

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Awesome pics! My 5 year old daughter loves to help daddy with the stang as well!!:clap:

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry pal, its too dark, too chilly, too wet, and my car is toooo low to get uner her tonight!

kennyxg

Reaction score
That's funny!

I just had my alternater replaced by the dealer last week.Had to change back to the stock air box and remove the tune.I didn't have any problem from them.They did note that my car had after market exhaust,and a check engine light on lol!

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm getting. I had the TSB in my jacket pocket while the guy was running the code. Took him 20 freaking minutes to come back with the TSB and explain the problem to me. LOL...I should have just handed it to him when I got there, but didn't want to piss them off.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think I'll give the wife a heart attack and have my daughter get under the car to help me take out the shifter in the AM. LOL...

Just for shits & giggles, put some chocolate syrup on each of her fingers. As she starts to lick it off, walk her back into the house and tell the wife "We're done changing the oil on the Mustang, Dear". Make sure you get video.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back