Shaker woofer question

SonicX245

Reaction score
Not sure which section to post this in, but I'm looking for some tech help.
Long story short, I'm converting to a black interior. ( I couldn't take the dove grey anymore).
I got some new door panels off ebay and they happen to have the shaker 8 in speakers built in where my old door panels did not. I realize they are probably not the greatest, but since I have them now, I'd like to hook them up. My problem is, they have 4 wires coming from each speaker and I have no idea what each wire does. Does anyone have the wiring schematics for those speakers/wires? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

SonicX245

Reaction score
Last edited:

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
So after reading the linked articles provided, I had an idea, but need some input. I'm not much of an AV person so I may be way off.
I have a JVC KW-AVX830 that has 3 RCA pre-outs built in. Can I buy the JL audio RCA to speaker adapter (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_136XDCLR2S/JL-Audio-XD-CLRAIC2-SW.html?tp=2610#customer-reviews-tab) and use it to plug the door woofers into the back of the radio directly into the pre-outs? Does that even make sense? Thanks in advance.

Those will not work. As stated above, the subs in the doors are part of the Shaker 500/1000. They have an amp that runs them from the factory.

If you don't have this Shaker setup originally, then your best best is to buy a small amplifier and run it to those 8" subs.

The small door speakers and the rear speakers are ran off the radio.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back