Shelby GT-H

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Am I the only one who doesn't really care for the car? I haven't been a fan of anything that Shelby has thrown out there for a few years now.

Not a fan either, although the hood is intriguing. Most of the crap they add to the car looks like Autozone pieces (stainless front grilles especially).

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Am I the only one who doesn't really care for the car? I haven't been a fan of anything that Shelby has thrown out there for a few years now.

Don't care for it either.
The grille is ugly AF, and what's with no additional power? WTF?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
..... It's a rental car ........

For a year, then they'll be sold to private owners, just like the previous models.

So yeah, more power for a special model would be nice.

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
It's not so much that I don't care for it, however IMO the Shelby GT-H just doesn't look right on the new S550 platform.. As far as I'm concerned, from the moment you look at, it just doesn't re-capture nor resemble the classic styling of the original 1966 GT-H as compared to the retro styling of it's predecessor, the 2006 Shelby GT-H..

As the S550 has a completely all modern/contemporary platform that has very little in common with the classic/retro styling of the now previous S197 generation, but rather has evolved from it's original Pony Car roots to more of an upscale/euro sports coupe..

IMHO when Ford ended the Mustang's S197 production run two years ago, they should've also included the Shelby nameplate along with it as well..

Great points; and I agree. The resurrected Bullitt, Boss, GT500, California Special etc. all look so cool on the retro-S197 styling. They really harken back to that 60s and early 70s era. Looks out of place on the S550 somewhat. Maybe that's why the Shelby badging is de-emphasized on the GT350. The SVT designers realize this. Shelby, not so much.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Close enough!:clap:

I have heard black and gold though...

Black and Gold have always been the official colors of the Pittsburgh Steelers along with the Pittsburgh Pirates Greg.. When the Penguins entered the NHL in 1967 they're original color scheme was Blue and White with the Penguin logo making it's debut as Black and Gold in 1968-69 ..

In 1980 the Penguins changed their color scheme from Blue and White to Black and Gold altogether in order to match the color scheme of both the Steelers and Pirates along with the flag of Pittsburgh that's also Black and Gold as well..

-Rocky

Last edited:

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Great points; and I agree. The resurrected Bullitt, Boss, GT500, California Special etc. all look so cool on the retro-S197 styling. They really harken back to that 60s and early 70s era. Looks out of place on the S550 somewhat. Maybe that's why the Shelby badging is de-emphasized on the GT350. The SVT designers realize this. Shelby, not so much.

If your referring to the current GT350.. The car is built in house at the flat rock plant by Ford as a tribute to Carroll Shelby.. However Shelby Automotive in Las Vegas was not involved with the project in anyway whatsoever..

As for the new Shelby GT-H goes ? I do believe that Shelby Automotive is directly involved from my understanding.. I also definitely agree about the GT350 and GT-H looking out of place on the current S550 platform as well..

Last edited:

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
If your referring to the current GT350.. The car is built in house at the flat rock plant by Ford as a tribute to Carroll Shelby.. However Shelby Automotive in Las Vegas was not involved with the project in anyway whatsoever..

As for the new Shelby GT-H goes ? I do believe that Shelby Automotive is directly involved from my understanding.. I also definitely agree about the GT350 and GT-H looking out of place on the current S550 platform as well..

This is correct. Technically, the GT350 is an SVT car. They're the ones that developed and produced the car, which is why this one is built in a Ford Plant.

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score

This is correct. Technically, the GT350 is an SVT car. They're the ones that developed and produced the car, which is why this one is built in a Ford Plant.

Yeah, that's what I meant. SVT seems to be de-emphasizing the Shelby name on the GT350 with limited, smaller badging; however, Shelby in Las Vegas obviously wants their name prominently displayed on cars like the Super Snake, Shelby GT, and the GT-H that they build.

Kobie

forum member
Reaction score
Steelers fan!

Attachments

• shelby-terlingua-mus-3_600x0w.jpg
    shelby-terlingua-mus-3_600x0w.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 6

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
^^^ That's cool! The first S550 Terlingua that I've seen. I assume it's either a V6 or an EB?

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
For a year, then they'll be sold to private owners, just like the previous models.

So yeah, more power for a special model would be nice.

Well I don't think Hertz who owns the cars now, wants more power. When you buy it from Hertz, you can add the power

^^^ That's cool! The first S550 Terlingua that I've seen. I assume it's either a V6 or an EB?

Nope, 2.9 Whipple 5.0

5tangiac.0

forum member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that it comes with the the ford racing power pack and handling pack. I think for the 06-07 that was a supposed 25 more hp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score

Just as the 07-14 Shelby GT500 was also developed, produced and built by SVT at the Ford plant in Flat Rock.. The GT-H along with Shelby GT, GT500KR/Super Snake were all customized/modified at the Shelby automotive facilities in Las Vegas in addition to the GT350 that was on the now previous S197 platform as well..

Last edited:

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I meant. SVT seems to be de-emphasizing the Shelby name on the GT350 with limited, smaller badging; however, Shelby in Las Vegas obviously wants their name prominently displayed on cars like the Super Snake, Shelby GT, and the GT-H that they build.

I couldn't agree with you more Sid :cheersman:

Back