Show me your exhaust cutout setups!

lito

forum member
Reaction score
The problem is never the motor, the motor is somehow away from the main heat source, just the mechanism deforms and gets stuck or the gears just damage, that bake test is idiotic if you ask me, what, you burnt a cable? what about moving 1000F+ from the pipe and the vibrations involved at that temp. My cheap black and decker small oven barely goes over the 400F, similar to the one they used for this.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
How about the placement for the cutouts?

Most people put it right off the motor which is hot, but further down the pipes around the muffler area isn't cooler?

lito

forum member
Reaction score
The heat is in the exhaust, not on the surroundings. Depending on how far back you go, you will probably be on the 800-1000F? exhaust temp while at it, the shaft and casing heats up, this heat transfer to the torque box and that is usually what damages.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Guys I have been running my QTP low profile cutouts for a couple years now. I drive the car hard just about every weekend and open and close them a few times per trip. ZERO issues. The majority of the two years of use was with 93 octane. Since March I have switched over to E85. What decreases the life of electric cutouts is backfires. A good quality set of cutouts should last a long time with a car that is tuned properly IMO.

steve13gt

forum member
Reaction score
I use the boss 302 pipes and QTP boss 302 cut outs, 2 years now without a problem, and I race it on the road course

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Ive been searching for alternatives and nothing out there. With warranty Im gonna give the pypes a try.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Guys I have been running my QTP low profile cutouts for a couple years now. I drive the car hard just about every weekend and open and close them a few times per trip. ZERO issues. The majority of the two years of use was with 93 octane. Since March I have switched over to E85. What decreases the life of electric cutouts is backfires. A good quality set of cutouts should last a long time with a car that is tuned properly IMO.

Very nice :beer:

Terry

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back