Slooooow build of my mustake!

itsslow06

forum member
Reaction score
I figured this would be a good spot to post my build thread.... It ain't much but it'll do for now.

I picked up my 06 gt in June of 2012, and stock, the car would move... When I picked it up at Echelon Ford the previous owner had put on a flow master axle back exhaust, tinted tail lights, and custom painted single white stripe down the middle.
4asamape.jpg

Well this isn't my first mustang as I have a 1968 convertible that has been in my family since '77.... I will post a pic when I get to a computer or I save it on my phone. I'm not new to the modding world but I am new to this motor... So first mods I did were the shorty antenna, spectre cai, and o/r h pipe. Well I knew with the or h that the cel would come on and it did. But I then got the sct tuner from American muscle and have been seeing headlights in the rear view mirror lol... Well after a few weeks of driving it and going to the local strip which was atco, I got a ralco rz short throw. Install was pretty straight forward and what a huge difference... Until now I've noticed that the shifter does come loose but works great and retains the factory shifter look, well when money is there I will be getting the hurst comp shifter because 1 it's a hurst and 2 I love the retro look...
Well modding was put on hold because I had moved to Raleigh/Durham and been working and working... Well I wanted to have more of a growl when I drive the car so I put my flow masters on Craigslist in trade for some slp loudmouths, well I got them and holy sh*t the car sounds awesome... Me and a few friends went to an event called dragging rights at rockingham dragway, where I happened to run my best time to date... Always ran a 13.1, 13.2... Well I ran a 12.9 with a 60' of 1.9
a8u2yma3.jpg
... Well after driving the car with them for a while and when you start it the car will feel a bit jumpy well I got the control motion delete plates, well go to find out the previous owner had replaced the manifold for some odd reason and it was a 09-10 manifold... So I sold the cmdps and got the plugs... Cheaper also lol I am so happy I did... Got it retuned and works awesome. Was getting alot of wheel hop so i got some j&m lca and the j&m uca and panhard bar, no more wheel hop here... And that's where I'm at so far... I figured I could use this to keep myself a log of my progress.
rune7eqy.jpg

adu3eju7.jpg

ubuqy4e6.jpg

puge9ame.jpg

james05gt

forum member
Reaction score
Pretty good run for a simple bolt on and tune. You should get the billet version of the hurst shifter, its much more ridgid and stout looking. I have the billet hurst on mine and love it. I might get the black shift knob from jegs, the white knob is ok but the black one would look really sweet.

itsslow06

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks I've seen a few builds on here and I gotta say I wish my pockets were as deep... But I do what I can if I can spare some change

itsslow06

forum member
Reaction score
Plans for the car as of now are the air ride suspension, nx, either turbo centri or twin screw (haven't decided yet) built motor not sure of pistons rods pins or head work yet but when the time gets here it'll be a 5.0 stroker when done... Thinking of the 6060 or the magnum Xl... And build a 9" with 3.73s... I already have a turbo just kinda need the hot and cold pipes and oil lines... But I want a 650-700hp dd I know sounds insane but hey I love drivin the car and using it for its intended purpose street car...

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Most people when I say I want a 700hp dd they its nuts or ridiculous I just tell then that I like it and that's all that matters

We aren't most people. :)

Nice car!

cam101

forum member
Reaction score
Looking good Kyle. I ran him on his 12second run. I was very excited.

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Nice run for such small mods.

Fwiw there is no need for a 9". Just beef up the 8.8

itsslow06

forum member
Reaction score
Little update....... Well no update as of now in the process of moving so funds aren't where they should be...

itsslow06

forum member
Reaction score
Well I have a little bit of an update... Installed a msd 2step to help with launching and being more consistent... Also installed an innovate wideband.... Also got the sct advantage software to do my own custom tuning for very near mods which include a bottle.... And I'm waiting on my h&r springs to come in... Don't have many pics but I have one of the a/f gauge lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373715598.057230.jpg

itsslow06

forum member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374258885.376854.jpg
Well I installed h&r lowering springs... The ones with most drop lol rides great for stock struts and shocks

ochoblanco

Slow 4v Member
Reaction score
Looks great. I hated the 4x4 look on my 07 back in the day. Be ready to install CC plates soon as you will see inside wear on the front tires with those springs...or at least install some camber bolts.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back