Snow White's first run

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
I finally took the car out for some stock passes. Except for 2013 CJ springs and Aerospace pro street brakes, the car is showroom stock.

The weather station showed it to be between about 91-95 deg, but the thermometer at the track was showing 95-102. I used the lower temps to calculate DA.

I've never raced in elevation, so I'm not too sure about correction factors and all that junk. DA's are on the slips.

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
Man that DA is killer! Looks like it is running good with the corrections.

What tires are you running? Is it an auto or stick? Your 60' could defiantly use some help.

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
It's an auto with stock 235's. Tried launching the car every way I knew. Above 1500 it would spin(track was tore up due to TNT) and below it would hook and lay over. I think the car does not have enough power in this elevation to 60' better.

There were several coyote cars there all were 2.1-2.2 60' on street tires. A stock m6 car w/3.73's and slicks was going high 12.90's low 13.0's with 1.8 short times while trapping 103-104.

The one loss I had was to a tt 335i with some boltons and I'm pretty sure it was on e85. It went a 13.20@107

Last edited:

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
Took the car out last night after a Mike Rousch 91oct tune and big n' littles (28").
The only power mod is the tune, but have some weight pulled out of the car.

Track prep was the worst I have EVER seen by quite a bit, and would spin bad on the shifts and start walking around. Density altitudes were 4747' when the first pass was made, to 4449' when the last was made.

The last slip was against a cts-v with an intake, pulley, cat deletes and tune.

BlackBullitt1390

forum member
Reaction score
Cold track temps now too. I'm done for the year myself. I hate this DA here and my Bullitt is all stock and ran 15.2 (14.0 corrected) and my 60ft is shit. Brutal man

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
Cold track temps now too. I'm done for the year myself. I hate this DA here and my Bullitt is all stock and ran 15.2 (14.0 corrected) and my 60ft is shit. Brutal man

I wanted to run it one more time this year with a more aggressive tune, no cats and a little more weight removed in hopes for a 12.5x. Work decided otherwise :(

BlackBullitt1390

forum member
Reaction score
I wanted to run it one more time this year with a more aggressive tune, no cats and a little more weight removed in hopes for a 12.5x. Work decided otherwise :(

Work screwed me too. Just bought a house about 10 minutes from the track so I'll be there every week next year. :clap:

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
Work screwed me too. Just bought a house about 10 minutes from the track so I'll be there every week next year. :clap:

Good deal man, we will have to meet up. I'm envious of your short drive, two hours each way sucks :(

That DA is brutal, come to jersey!!

Shoot, I don't want my ass busted by a n/a 3v car!!

Yeah, should have seen my jaw hit the ground when I saw 15.2 on my first slip. N/A car is a waste of time here, but thats all I want.

A few tweaks and you will get it where you want. Hopefully I'll put this thing in the 9's next year with the CPR kit.. Then I could have the worlds first a6 car to go 9's in 6000' air.. Haha

Last edited:

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
Took the car out after installing a TRZ ARB and a Circle D 1D converter. The converter is super tight only allowing me to foot brake it to about 2500 in first, but it should complement the future power adder quite well with a brake on the trans. I was super excited since the tracks FB page kept posting pics of broken cars due to the awesome prep, but they must have mixed the vht with motor oil this week. :chainsaw:

I tossed the big and littles on, filled the car up and made the two hour drive down to the track with no issues. The car cooled off for about 45minutes and I made two back to back passes then waited another 30 minutes and made another. I have about eight more slips, but the line was destroyed and the car would blow the tires off leaving off idle and a half throttle.. :wtf:

I calculated DA's to be +5473' down to +5423'. The converter shaved about two tenths off the 60' despite the thinner air. I cannot express enough how awesome the Mike Rousch tune is. The converter is a new combo never ran in a 6r and I told Mike what the Circle D guys said and he hit the nail on the head. Shifts exactly where is should, with perfect drivability on the initial tune for the converter and holy consistent!! I would be willing to bet the little difference in times is where I staged the car in the beams.

BlackBullitt1390

forum member
Reaction score
Nice work in that DA. I should be there soon once the job slows down after next week.

The track needs new management....

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
The first half hour it was ok, but I finally got pissed and left after about two hours. One of the track officials couldnt understand that I was upset about them not spraying and dragging it once the line was gone.

BlackBullitt1390

forum member
Reaction score
The first half hour it was ok, but I finally got pissed and left after about two hours. One of the track officials couldnt understand that I was upset about them not spraying and dragging it once the line was gone.

Yeah, they only care when the track owner is running his funny car shitbox

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
Took slow white out after installing cat deletes and a revised tune. So far the car has; cat deletes, tight ass converter(seen 27-2800 flash), d/s, tires and front brakes, suspension and a 91tune from Mike Rousch.

DA was just a touch over 6950' when this pass was made.

Last edited:

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah. Id like to take the car out of the elevation and get under 1000' to see how it really runs. Supposedly with the correction it should go mid 50's to low 60's around 118-119.

If I didnt have a 265mm converter I would send it back and have it restalled to flash around 5k, install the k member, a-arms and cut weight to see if I could put this turd in the 10's.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back