So i scored me an 05 GT....

Ricky Bobby

Reaction score
Got a Silver over black leather Premium car, 5 speed. 1 owner car was traded to our BMW store. Now....what to do first. Its a stone stock ride at the moment. I am thinking a Pro 5.0 and a 4.10 gear....you guys agree?

W1ldcat

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep, intake and tune, or put a blower on. You'll be pretty happy with gears and intake and tune. For a while anyway.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Blower, suspention, shifter ,and gears . Then for the love of god man STOP and have fun.

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
CAI/tuner for buck-bang... unless (as stated) you wanna go FI...

I like my Pro 5.0 though...

Ricky Bobby

Reaction score
I think I am going to do this....douche the car first...she is dirty. Then tint, and the Pro 5.0 and springs. Then the CAI an tuner, looks like the C&L race pipe is cheaper and makes more power...is that right? What tuning firm has everyone had a good experience with? On my 03 Cobra I had a Diablo and the Rick at Amazon ripped me a tune with a Lightning pulley that was very very nice!...Then 4.10 gears and 20" Shelby Razors...spoiler delete...mmmm

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
HAWGMAN.....PM sent bro

And replied. Also marked the thread as sale pending.

Majority of the people around here are using SCT. As for mail order on a NA setup, I think Doug @ Bamachips seems to be pretty popular.

The C&L Race pipe isn't going to really get you anything over their Street pipe unless you are forcing air in to it.

And skip the 20s :naughty:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
4.10 gears wouldn't be a bad thing at all, but I would highly recommend a CAI and a tune first. That is going to give you the biggest grin factor.

Ricky Bobby

Reaction score
The SCT box tune is a good one then? I noticed some places selling then CAI and tuner as a kit

W1ldcat

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Go through someone and get the SCT with their tune. Not just what comes with the SCT. If that makes sence.

Ricky Bobby

Reaction score
Wildcat...I got ya...I had that Diablo tuner and Rick downloaded his tune to my tuner and viola...So Bamachips has good tunes huh?

Saintless

Reaction score
+1 on the BAMA Cai/Tune combo, running the JLT/Bama Race tune on my wifes 06 Mustang GT. Had the same setup on mine before going FI.

also +1 on Cai/Tune first before gear.... something to think about, you will need a tuner for 4.10 gear adjustment. I prefer SCT. Doug (Bamachips) supports both. Your choice.

IMO, If you plan on suspension modes then okay on 20" razors, otherwise stop at 18". Running 20 on mine, 18 on the wife's.

G/L, let the mod fun begin!!!:beer:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back