Spacers and studs

Jucostud

booooost'd
Reaction score
Just ordered arp studs and maximum Motorsports billit 1/2 inch spacers. Any know if I can cut the studs so I don't have to use open ended lugs?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just ordered arp studs and maximum Motorsports billit 1/2 inch spacers. Any know if I can cut the studs so I don't have to use open ended lugs?

Why would you need 1/2 inch spacers? Your car is perfect as it sits right now.

Jucostud

booooost'd
Reaction score
I've got 7/16 spacers on the front now on stock studs. Not exactly the safest idea. Maximum Motorsports is the only company I've found that makes an actual front spacer for our car.

Jucostud

booooost'd
Reaction score
Thanks man, and weather man, that link is for rear spacers only. I only need a half inch spacer in the front.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've got 7/16 spacers on the front now on stock studs. Not exactly the safest idea. Maximum Motorsports is the only company I've found that makes an actual front spacer for our car.

I'm running a 7/8" spacer on the front and 1" on the back from the company I posted. They are hubcentric and the studs are strong.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's says rear only for there 1/2 inch kit.

Hmmm, no trouble running 7/8" on front so far. Used the supplied studs and my stock lug nuts. I e-mailed him when I bought and he siad no problem. Maybe drop him a line if you are interested.

Mustang-mike

Shwetty member
Reaction score
That's an awesome deal for spacers on that site, I might consider one of their spacer kits now.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
to answer your question, yes you can cut them with no issues. Ive used a Dremel to do so in the past

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Screw the die on first. After cutting, screw the die off and it makes nice clean threads on the end of the stud.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back