SpankinTimes 2011 Mustang GT Build powered by Kenne Bell

zilla8

Reaction score
Alright now what's going on with this,

I want more info on the KB set up so I can make a decision on a blower :)

kingnut

Reaction score
OP post up some new info. i know how people can get busy. still is this a great thread

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Adams last post was a month ago. Nice to see that nothing ever changes.

It's what he does.

Looks like nothing changes with you either.

He will update it went he does, and you guys posting this shit in here isn't gonna get us an update any sooner. If he doesn't update the thread, it will become buried. This will never happen of you guys keep coming into this thread and adding your bullshit about him not updating the thread.

This is an actual tech thread....keep it that way!

I'm on a roll with these PINK slips guys, don't get caught in the crossfire.

Adam@ST

Official Vendor
Reaction score
update

I actually have quite a nice update to post, but have been beyond busy. Tons of work. Bottom line guys, I extremely busy,which is a good thing, and I just recently leased a new 11,000 sq ft 11 bay shop. So between working, track rental s, x-mas vacation, people wanting their cars for the holidays, building the new website(which will launch next week)and all the paperwork stuff needed for the new shop, the internet stuff has been the least on my mind. Im not saying it isnt important, just have not had the time to get on here, or any other sites Im on.
Ill get an update soon up soon, but for what its worth..DO NOT USE A INNOVATORS WEST DAMPNER on a 2011 GT. You wont like the results. Thanks Adam

Adam@ST

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like nothing changes with you either.

He will update it went he does, and you guys posting this shit in here isn't gonna get us an update any sooner. If he doesn't update the thread, it will become buried. This will never happen of you guys keep coming into this thread and adding your bullshit about him not updating the thread.

This is an actual tech thread....keep it that way!

I'm on a roll with these PINK slips guys, don't get caught in the crossfire.

Thanks Nick, hows the family?? Doing good I hope. Like the new ride ? Love ours, will most likey buy another one. Let me know if or when you want a Kenne Bell on her. Ill get you a good deal on the package installed and tuned. Thanks Adam

PS, John says he still dreams of you....

Adam@ST

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Just so you guys know, the Kenne Bell stick kits are available, and the autos will be available by the end of next week. The Kenne Bell kit with supllied tune makes makes 550 rwhp on 91 580+ on 93 . Let me know when you guys want a kit. Thanks Adam

please email us at: [email protected]

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nick, hows the family?? Doing good I hope. Like the new ride ? Love ours, will most likey buy another one. Let me know if or when you want a Kenne Bell on her. Ill get you a good deal on the package installed and tuned. Thanks Adam

PS, John says he still dreams of you....

Hey bro! Everything's good man! My boy is 3 now and I'm ready for him to get a damn job!

Love the 5.0 man! I had my mind set on a Procharger, but put all plans on hold while i watch this thread.

Tell John my New Years resolution is to get down there and wrestle him in your new shop!

Congrats on making big moves!!!

Still in San Bernardino?

:tj:

Twinscrewgt

Bad Smurf
Reaction score
I actually have quite a nice update to post, but have been beyond busy. Tons of work. Bottom line guys, I extremely busy,which is a good thing, and I just recently leased a new 11,000 sq ft 11 bay shop. So between working, track rental s, x-mas vacation, people wanting their cars for the holidays, building the new website(which will launch next week)and all the paperwork stuff needed for the new shop, the internet stuff has been the least on my mind. Im not saying it isnt important, just have not had the time to get on here, or any other sites Im on.
Ill get an update soon up soon, but for what its worth..DO NOT USE A INNOVATORS WEST DAMPNER on a 2011 GT. You wont like the results. Thanks Adam

Good to know, glad i went with ATI

zilla8

Reaction score
Thanks for the good news Adam and congrats on the new shop

I'm very interested in a kit and will be intouch.

Adam@ST

Official Vendor
Reaction score
re update

Just about got the stuff ready to post..resizing pictures, graphs, and text. Ill have it up either tonight or first thing in the morning. Heading over to the new shop to see how the plumbers are doing with the bathroom stuff. Not sure how long Ill be there. If I get home in time, Ill have the stuff up tonight.

On a side note....Im going to offer the first 5 2011 GTs $500.00 off on the labor. Pricing as follows
Kenne Bell 2.8 Black with supplied Kenne Bell tune $7119.00+tax
Kenne Bell 2.8 Black LC with supplied Kenne Bell tune $7419.00+tax
polish add $500.00

NOTE*** only manual kits available at this time, autos will be available in 2 weeks. If you have an auto , I will honor the price with a commitment til they are released.
Thanks Adam

Adam@ST

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Kenne Bell 168mm t-body tests

Ok guys, sorry for the delay on the update, Im just very busy with work,we are busy. Finding the extra time to surf the net, put all the data together with a description has been hard to find.
Testing for the Kenne Bell 168 mm t-body. I only tested with 2 pullies, the 3.5, and 3.25.Pre throttle body, With the 3.5 pulley, I was seeing 11.2 lbs peak, and a best of 623 rwhp and 502 rwtq. Just installing the throttle body, we saw the boost increase to 14lbs peak with a peak HP of 702 rwhp and 514 rwtq .
ALL TESTING AT THIS POINT WAS ON 102 OCTANE.

3.5 pulley results:
Stock t-body peak power was 623 rwhp 503 rwtd @7100 rpms.Note stock t-body is falling off at 7100 rpms. Shows signs of restriction at just 4000 rpms.
Kenne Bell 168 mm t-body peak power was 702 rwhp and 514 rwtq @7600 rpms (was still climbing)
The gains at 7100 rpm were 54.17 rwhp and 40.15 rwtq. This rpm range is used for comparison, as after 7100 the stk t-body was so restrictive, power was dropping off quickly.
Peak gains overall were 79.18 rwhp and 10.97 rwtq because of less restrion and the ability to run the car higher rpms without dropping power. I was considering running the car to 8000 , but couldnt force myself to do it yet and as you can see power was starting to drop. I could have possibly worked with valve timing to help, but 8k is alot for stock. Ill save that rpm range for the forged block.
Peak boost gained overall 2.8psi. The boost increase isn't due to an increase in blower speed, but a decrease in inlet restriction. Less restriction = Less parasytic loss > MEANS MORE HP.
3.25 pulley results:
stock t-body peak power was 671 rwhp 543 rwtq, peak boost 12.97 lbs @7200 rpms
Kenne Bell 168mm t-body peak power was 732 rwhp and 564 rwtq 16lbs @7500 rpms
Gains at 7200 rpms 44.84 rwhp and 35.16 rwtq
Peak Gains total 61.56 rwhp 21.13 rwtq
Peak boost gained overall 3.3 psi
So one question I would expect..why so little torque gain PEAK?? Well at the lower rpms where boost first comes in and the torque curve hits, the t-body ins't as restrictive. Once you get up in the rpm band, you see the restriction, as the stock throttle body run loses HP and TQ. The HP and TQ curves continue to climb with the Kenne Bell t-body. You will notice how much more linear the tq curve is as well. The Kenne Bell will continue to make power with RPM as long as it can breathe. Here is the dyno sheet.
One more nice thing about the tuning on these cars..valve timing. There are some nice gains with VCT to had, along with the benefits of getting the boost out of the engine.
Attached is the 3.25 pulley graphs.Thanks for reading and More to come.... Thanks Adam

Attachments

• t-body comparison..same pulley and tune.JPG
    t-body comparison..same pulley and tune.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 66

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back