SSP's 900+RWHP Turbo Streetcar

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
That was the deal we made one it!
Plan is to see this thing at 1,000+rwhp on many occasions. I am the blue collar tester of the block as all the others have been at these high $$$ builds by shops so far.

Ordering pistons next week(11:1 comp Diamond with dd coating and .200" wall tool steel pins)

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Subbed. I'd rather buy this that have to send my block out to get it sleeved.

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
My understanding is that block has stock block sleeves. Just has smaller coolant passages on top.

This block is built more like a 3v block where it has material around the sleeves on top and bottom. Pictures of comparisons on internet don't really give you the full extent of how much is added to it until you put the blocks side by side in person.

subd should be a good build what are you doing for fuel or did i miss that?

Going to use a Fore Fuel system and ID1300's

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Justinjor

JUIC3D
Reaction score
Good luck with the build OP, post up lots of progress pictures for us stock motor guys living vicariously through you.

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
My understanding is that block has stock block sleeves. Just has smaller coolant passages on top.

Can't see the forest for the trees? Take a good look at that deck and at a stock one. there's a whole lot different there.

Blazer707@TBR

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Can't see the forest for the trees? Take a good look at that deck and at a stock one. there's a whole lot different there.
Dont understand what your are getting at. Are the sleeves different? Because that was what my post was about.

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Dont understand what your are getting at. Are the sleeves different? Because that was what my post was about.

Every water passage is different, even on the ends and between cylinders. I'd say all indications are there is a whole lot more aluminum in there.

Blazer707@TBR

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Every water passage is different, even on the ends and between cylinders. I'd say all indications are there is a whole lot more aluminum in there.

Guess time will tell if that little bit of aluminum will keep them alive more. Seems like a lot of the MMR pro mod blocks are staying alive with big power.

Didn't terry have his FRPP sportsman block crack in the valley?

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
I know of a few of the first ones that went. What I wanted to know was I thought the first ones only had extra provisions at the top and not the bottom. Was this correct? And does this one have the top and bottom supported? Is the extra support throughout the jacket or just a piece at the top and bottom? Thanks in advance for the info.

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
I don't know about the first blocks I know this block is thicker around sleeves and has smaller opening at bottom with more material in deck as well as the brace and extra material up top. The deck looks almost identical up top as a Teksid or WAP/NVH block does and the lower hole has more material than those blocks do.
If Teksid and WAP blocks hold the HP they do than this block will do the same IMO.
We will see how well it does and the material around the sleeve from top it bottom is thicker than stock coyote block.

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
Pistons ordered so 4weeks from now I will have pistons
They are full custom Wiseco
Armor Coated with 9310 wrist pins 11:1 compression with xxx ring pack for sport compact application
Spec'd for 25lbs of boost!
Piston and ring combo proven at 80lbs of boost for a full season in Mitsubishi 4G motor.
Pistons were spec'd by Jordan @ Excessive in Florida

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
I was hoping you would of went, 12 or 13:1.

SStang.

With the turbo I am going to use I don't even need 11:1 comp 10:1 would have made plenty I just went 11:1 so I could basically have a stock motor combo with added boost.
With 11:1/stock cams/stock heads/stock intake/stock t-body and tons of boost it should drive like a stock car with tons of extra power!
Basically a bullet-proof bottom end to show how well these stock combos are designed by Ford just adding boost.

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
Did a little work on dr side turbo header tonight.
(Warning I am not a "pretty" welder but it's penetrated good and is strong) it is stainless welded with mild steel so it's not rust proof where it's welded LoL
hapegybu.jpg

4a8esy8y.jpg

vybuza4a.jpg

It's gonna be "hand" garage built not "bought" and bolted on or paid to be built

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back