SSP's 900+RWHP Turbo Streetcar

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
Figured I would make a build thread for the new Combo/Motor going in my car.
It a 2014 GT Premium A6.(currently only 2,300 miles)
I tore it down with 382 miles and cammed, longtubes, CJ, Bassani AB, Rev Auto CAI, Circle D, built and braced rear w/Detroit & 3.31's, One-piece D/S, Strange 10-ways, Eibach Drag Springs, M/M C/C plates, UPR k-member, Che Lowers, Steeda Adj Upper, Lund Racing Tune, etc.
In quest of 10's N/A. Well it has been 121MPH N/A(29mph on back of track) but not broke 10's yet. I had converter restalled and adj tune some and will see Friday how that goes.
I built a extensive Nitrous system and planned to spray it with a big shot on a built motor. while pricing pistons/etc. I kept coming into the thought of how long it would live @ 8,000 RPM on heavy(400-600HP) doses of nitrous and the cost of the parts for that. After a lot of talking with a buddy who runs a moderate built 5.0 stroker with 101MM turbo in his 96 Cobra and the motor has been in the car since 2010. I decided to just go turbo and we were going to build a kit.
So upon cruising the classifieds on Forums I find a Hellion Tuner Kit minus the turbo for a smoking deal. So I scooped it up and will be adding a Bullseye S380R Bat-mo-wheel turbo to it. A good buddy of mine is friends with one of the owners of Bullseye, so he is gonna get me a hook-up.

Plans are to put my new shortblock together, add some springs to my stock heads and use stock Boss cams and a stock GT intake and t-body.

Parts on hand for shortblock:
Block
Crank
Manley Rods ARP 2000's

To order:
Pistons(stock 11:1 comp)
ARP main studs

The block is going to receive a billet brace in the upper water jacket much like what JPC and RGR use.

The fuel system will be:
Fore Triple 465's
-10 feed
-8 return
ID 1300's

Converter will be swapped for a 3C 258mm(currently 4E 245mm)

I think 21-22 lbs on that 7-blade Billet turbo should get me to my 900+ rwhp goal easily. I am going to add a elec cut-out on the down-pipe for track use.

Goal is to complete the mods by mid-October in time for some awesome track weather here!

I want low 9's at my current 3800+lb weight

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is that the hellion single kit they don't make anymore? Just be ready to heavily modify it. That kit was having major back pressure issues before they ditched the design. Good luck with the build!

And why so much pump? Just two 465 pumps will support 1200hp+ on gas and 1000hp on corn.

Last edited:

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
Is that the hellion single kit they don't make anymore? Just be ready to heavily modify it. That kit was having major back pressure issues before they ditched the design. Good luck with the build!

And why so much pump? Just two 465 pumps will support 1200hp+ on gas and 1000hp on corn.

I plan to redo the front section of the down pipe in 4" with a elec cutout and then connect back to other down pipe after that. I will control boost levels with eboost2 and run 10-14lbs on street and 20+lbs at track.

I want that much pump for cushion in case one gets weak or fails it will stay safe.
I will be on e98 likely

Sent from my iPhone 5S

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The CJ, or even the Boss, will give you much better a/f distribution then the stock manifold. This gets really important at high boost levels. I would keep the CJ myself, or sell it and get a Boss if you don't want the CJ look.

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
The CJ, or even the Boss, will give you much better a/f distribution then the stock manifold. This gets really important at high boost levels. I would keep the CJ myself, or sell it and get a Boss if you don't want the CJ look.

I may do a boss intake but I want to stay with a stock round t-body.
I am also going to make a crossover from dr side header to pass side and run a 3.5" pipe from there to turbo to relieve the small dr side pipe issue the kit has

Sent from my iPhone 5S

stang8psi

forum member
Reaction score
getting rid of the NA cams??.. sounds like your flip flopping around a lot on your combos.. Nitrous would have done the trick for you and not a 400 shot!! lol that's just overkill.. A 150 shot would have put you deep into the low 10's and than you could have possibly made it to the 9's on a 200 shot.. But hey good luck with your "new" changed decision..

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
getting rid of the NA cams??.. sounds like your flip flopping around a lot on your combos.. Nitrous would have done the trick for you and not a 400 shot!! lol that's just overkill.. A 150 shot would have put you deep into the low 10's and than you could have possibly made it to the 9's on a 200 shot.. But hey good luck with your "new" changed decision..

Yes getting rid of n/a cams and putting in boss cams. The NOS wouldn't do what I want to do which is low 9's at full weight.
I went from a 900+rwhp auto full built terminator to my 2011 and now this 2014.
I was going to turbo my car to begin with but got caught up in the n/a persuit and was gonna spray to get where I wanted to be but in the long run it would cost more and be less reliable at this hp levels vs the turbo so this the change.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Interesting build! Look forward to watching it. And yes, it will take 900 rwhp to get a heavy street car to low 9s. Mine was 4060 lbs with driver (Im 205) on the 20" dr #s in my sig. at 800 rwhp. Then I switched to the bigs and littles and ran 9.6xs then E85 and the the other time in my sig. I figure I was at 3960 lbs and 900-940 rwhp to get the 9.38 I ran last year. Keep in mind mine was leaving on the foot brake at 2500 rpms at that weight and times though. Using the trans brake or 2 step would have netted better times.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I hope the weather holds out. I'm gonna try and make it so I'll text if I hit the road so we can hook up. I wanna see your whip before you tear it down.........again...........LOL

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I hope the weather holds out. I'm gonna try and make it so I'll text if I hit the road so we can hook up. I wanna see your whip before you tear it down.........again...........LOL

Wait wait wait....you are going to actually drive your car????? And....take it down the track??????:liar:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back