Steeda X-Brace & Rear Seat Delete Combo

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
OP,
Good question!

The Steeda Xbrace and our Rear Seat Deletes aren't a direct fit with each other. However, you do need to delete the rear seats with the Steeda Xbrace, so you can easily make a few cuts to have our Rear Seat Delete kit to work nicely with the Xbrace. This is why we suggest the two together, if you're looking to purchase a Steeda Xbrace.

Shane

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score
OP,
Good question!

The Steeda Xbrace and our Rear Seat Deletes aren't a direct fit with each other. However, you do need to delete the rear seats with the Steeda Xbrace, so you can easily make a few cuts to have our Rear Seat Delete kit to work nicely with the Xbrace. This is why we suggest the two together, if you're looking to purchase a Steeda Xbrace.

Shane

Do you have any pictures of this completed? It seems like you would have to extensively modify that piece to accommodate the steeda brace. A link to a write-up or template would be even better ;)

Stang613

forum member
Reaction score
OP,
Good question!

Shane

@ Shane Lesky - Hmm, alrighty, sounds good. This sounds to be a good project. :beer:

@Napoleon - someone is going to make some good money off making a how to and posting it to the AM website.

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Unfortunately we don't have a write up at the moment, but as Stang613 mentioned, it's a good time to make a little cash! A thorough write up like that could easily get a customer $200 in store credit!

Shane

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score
I'm also curious as to exactly how much the RSD you guys sell weighs.

The AM site claims that the RSD can save up to 40lbs, but I'm a bit confused on where these numbers come from. Per this thread the entire rear seat weighs 21lbs, with an additional 9lbs of hardware that can be removed. This is a total of 30lbs, and seeing as this is made of wood, I would have to imagine it weighs at least 20-25lbs.

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I'm also curious as to exactly how much the RSD you guys sell weighs.

The AM site claims that the RSD can save up to 40lbs, but I'm a bit confused on where these numbers come from. Per this thread the entire rear seat weighs 21lbs, with an additional 9lbs of hardware that can be removed. This is a total of 30lbs, and seeing as this is made of wood, I would have to imagine it weighs at least 20-25lbs.

Napoleon85,

The specs that we have listed on our site are right from the manufacture. I honestly have never weighed the rear seat delete myself. I can see how it can be off with the weight of the seat being 30lbs. I know they're also including the deletion of rear seat belts/brackets too, but that's just a few more lbs.

I'll get in contact with the manufacture and see if they can verify their specifications. If they differ, we'll definitely update the site.

Thanks for the heads up!

Shane

Last edited:

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score
Napoleon85,

The specs that we have listed on our site are right from the manufacture. I honestly have never weighed the rear seat delete myself. I can see how it can be off with the weight of the of the seat being 30lbs. I know they're also including the deletion of rear seat belts/brackets too, but that's just a few more lbs.

I'll get in contact with the manufacture and see if they can verify their specifications. If they differ, we'll definitely update the site.

Thanks for the heads up!

Shane

Thanks for following up, I'd love to know what the manufacturer says since I'm looking at a couple different models right now with weight savings being the primary goal.

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for following up, I'd love to know what the manufacturer says since I'm looking at a couple different models right now with weight savings being the primary goal.

After contacting the manufacture, they confirmed the advertised 40lbs was too much. Their rear sear delete kit will allow you to remove up to 30lbs, assuming the rear seat belts are deleted completely. Also, since the confirmation, I had our site changed appropriately!

Hope this helps your decision!

Shane

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score
After contacting the manufacture, they confirmed the advertised 40lbs was too much. Their rear sear delete kit will allow you to remove up to 30lbs, assuming the rear seat belts are deleted completely. Also, since the confirmation, I had our site changed appropriately!

Hope this helps your decision!

Shane

Thanks for the clarification!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back