Steering pump delete

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Stupid question but search of common words sometime is not easy.

When you guys delete the steering pump, what you do, belt re-routing? I could not find a delete kit as with the A/C.

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
That's what I did. I bought a new shorter belt and re-routed it. I can't remember the belt part number. I'll try and get it for you. Goodyear 4060882

Last edited:

05moneypit

forum member
Reaction score
Don't know if this will help in your application. I deleted AC and moved the PS pump to the AC location to help keep belt length short. I also use an electric water pump with no idler.

If your keeping AC or have the AC delete idler and the standard electric water pump you can probably just go around the water pump pulley and up to the alternator if this is an NA car and skip the idlers on the drivers side.

Lee

Last edited:

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if the hole spacing is different or not for the power steering pump vs the a/c bolts? On the a/c delete I believe it is one bolt up top and two on the bottom, but on the power steering it is two bolts up top and one on the bottom so maybe the a/c delete pulley could be used also to delete the power steering pump???

05moneypit

forum member
Reaction score
Just wondering if the hole spacing is different or not for the power steering pump vs the a/c bolts? On the a/c delete I believe it is one bolt up top and two on the bottom, but on the power steering it is two bolts up top and one on the bottom so maybe the a/c delete pulley could be used also to delete the power steering pump???

It's different. I had to machine an adapter plate to put the PS pump on the passenger side.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the responses, I knew the thing was a search away but never found the right words to do it, hope stkjock does not see it. Lol.

No manual, possibly testing weird stuff, as always.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I see it.... LOL

You're forgiven.

Moved to tech

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
just to throw this out there, you can also move the power steering from the top driver side to the bottom driver side where the F-150 have it, the bolt holes are all there and line up with no issues.

e7f1fced.jpg

05c03d9f.jpg

Back