STI wheels?

95ragtop

forum member
Reaction score
This might be blasphemous but the 05+ STI has the same bolt pattern 5x114.3 (5x4.5) as the Mustang, they already run a decent rotor/caliper set-up so they should clear some brake set ups, and are pretty sweet BBS wheels, so I decided to look into it. Anybody got any info or criticism?

spiral281

forum member
Reaction score
they would be too narrow for my taste....last i checked they were only 8.5 inches wide...but they would be light i think, and they do use a high offset...but i forget, my import days have been gone for a while...

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
Won't work without machining. Centerbore for the Subie's is 56.1mm, our cars are 70.5mm.

Beyond that, they're only 17's which won't clear a BBK due to diameter (STi's have ~13" rotors, all the S197 kits I know of are 14"); they're 8" wide so they won't hold very big tires; and their offset is 53mm which will make for a narrower than stock track width..the opposite direction you want to go.

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of Mustang wheels to chose from that are much better than STI wheels.

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
not many that fit big brake kits.

I just GT500 Brembo's inside my 18" x 9" 26mm offset 03 Cobra style wheels, i think theres many wheels out there what will fit BBK's, just not many people who have actually tried it and shared the info.

Agent Jones

forum member
Reaction score
I just GT500 Brembo's inside my 18" x 9" 26mm offset 03 Cobra style wheels, i think theres many wheels out there what will fit BBK's, just not many people who have actually tried it and shared the info.

i had a bremo set up and tried 3 different 20 inch rims and it didnt fit.

Kris_H

forum member
Reaction score
It's not always the diameter of the wheels that makes them fit over big brakes, it's the profile of the spokes. I've seen people fit 18" wheels over 14" brakes. It's just a matter of keeping the spoke from contacting the caliper. Naturally there has to be clearance around the diameter, but I'm talking about folks who think any 20" wheel will fit over a bbk. Definitely not the case.

95ragtop

forum member
Reaction score
I know about 20s not fitting because I have foose's and nothing over stock will fit, thats why I'm looking into alterative set-ups for some track time.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back