Suspension Help

Ray721

Black 06 GT
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm looking to lower my car. 2006 GT. I'm completely stumped as what system to get.

I want it to be noticeably lower and I want it to handle better. I'm interested in Eibach's Sport Sytem Plus.

I want more than springs but not a complete track ready kit. (too much$$$) However I've heard bad reviews of Eibach's springs and struts.

What do most of you lowered guys use. I know I will have to get CC plates and an adjustable panhard bar.

Should I go coil over? If I go coil over I can't really afford swaybars at the same time.

So what should I look at to get lower and handle better.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
Whatever you choose do springs/dampers and possible camber plates at the same time. You can add the sway bars, pan hard bar, etc... later without having to undo what you already did.

Ray721

Black 06 GT
Reaction score
Sorry forgot to post my intentions. It'll be 95% street car. Might see the Twistes once or twice a year same with the strip. I have no intentions on being competitive with it.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry forgot to post my intentions. It'll be 95% street car. Might see the Twistes once or twice a year same with the strip. I have no intentions on being competitive with it.

Then just get some decent springs and shocks. If you aren't racing the car, those other upgrades will never be utilized.

CaliforniaSpecial

forum member
Reaction score
I have the Koni Sport adjustable shocks/struts (Koni Yellows) paired with Steeda Sport springs and steed hd strut mounts and am very happy with the set up. The adjustability is really nice to have. The ride is noticeably firmer than stock but not harsh unless your roads suck.

I would give Sam Strano a call.

28ONE

Reaction score
Should also take into consideration what size wheels you'll be running. Big difference in handling between 18s & 20's

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back