swflastang05's build thread

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Yep just before the rain the other day lol. I thought our harsh Florida winter was over too after the month long record heat wave in February, now were back to winter weather, with another arctic blast hitting us now, it's nearly 60 degrees out hahaha. You guys up North can laugh at us sweating our asses off in a couple months though, you can't so much as walk outside your house without breaking into a sweat, you don't even have to move!

Yes my old IC was the orignal procharger unit, it's about 24" x 6" x 3.5". It would get heat soaked in a couple seconds.

Now we have a new issue though, my car seems to fall on its face shortly after snapping the throttle so Lito had me send him a log and sure enough all the fuel trims are way, way off. He think's it's something to do with the new pipe routing after the IC. All that crap is so crazy to me, I didn't touch the MAF but since the pipes are different about 18 inches up from it the readings are all off. This is yet one more reason why we all love Lito cuz' I'm clueless lol.

travelers

Reaction score
Yea it's getting ready to start snowing again. The only good thing is it's suppose to be 40* again tomorrow.

Yes I understand that changing the air flow effects a lot of settings. I'm not up on all that stuff either as I just let Lund do the tuning, but I did get the SCT tuning book from LaSorta. I just haven't had a chance to sit and read it.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
So this is the only "street" to get in or out of my neighborhood now since the city decided they wanted to install a sewer system. I haven't decided if I'm going to drive my car through this or if I'll just load it into the trailer then unload somewhere past all the construction. The dirt is actually a lot worse than it looks in the pic, big dips, etc. and I don't want to bottom out and damage something. This shit is seriously interfering with my tuning efforts!

5hVRxlGl.jpg

This little section is about 1/4 mile long now..BS!

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So this is the only "street" to get in or out of my neighborhood now since the city decided they wanted to install a sewer system. I haven't decided if I'm going to drive my car through this or if I'll just load it into the trailer then unload somewhere past all the construction. The dirt is actually a lot worse than it looks in the pic, big dips, etc. and I don't want to bottom out and damage something. This shit is seriously interfering with my tuning efforts!

5hVRxlGl.jpg

That is bs they did that to me a while back when they where doing Santa Barbara, and the real bs is it's costing you money

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score

5hVRxlGl.jpg

IF it was F&F3 you'd just put that Monte Carlo in 1st and ruin that Viper's life

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
That is bs they did that to me a while back when they where doing Santa Barbara, and the real bs is it's costing you money

Yup about $20k, bastards!

IF it was F&F3 you'd just put that Monte Carlo in 1st and ruin that Viper's life

LMFAO!

It's time for the trailer.

Yea I think so, they water the dirt down constantly now to keep the dust down but it makes the bumps even worse. You can see the bumps a little better at night. 1/4 mile of this sucks, even in my f250!

fumpmHpl.jpg

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yup about $20k, bastards!

LMFAO!

Yea I think so, they water the dirt down constantly now to keep the dust down but it makes the bumps even worse. You can see the bumps a little better at night. 1/4 mile of this sucks, even in my f250!

fumpmHpl.jpg
Yea that really sucks, how long did they say it would take they should of sent you a letter in the mail

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yea that really sucks, how long did they say it would take they should of sent you a letter in the mail
Getting my car tuned on Saturday I can't wait it's been a long time, also i just purchased the new strange s trac with 35 spline axles I'm excited to get that set up on, I've been meaning to ask you what have you done to the rear to beef it up

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score

Up to two years!!!

Getting my car tuned on Saturday I can't wait it's been a long time, also i just purchased the new strange s trac with 35 spline axles I'm excited to get that set up on, I've been meaning to ask you what have you done to the rear to beef it up

Who's tuning yours? I also have Strange 35 spline axles with c-clip elims and a chromoly spool, welded tubes, etc. I'm planning to head to Bradenton next Sunday if your car's running you should go too

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Up to two years!!!

Who's tuning yours? I also have Strange 35 spline axles with c-clip elims and a chromoly spool, welded tubes, etc. I'm planning to head to Bradenton next Sunday if your car's running you should go too
Josh levin @ Levin motorsports in st Petersburg he has done all my tuning he is pretty damm good

I should be able to make it out that weekend,It should be good to go besides the rear end as long as I don't launch it I'll defiantly break my Ford's torsion, that's why I'm beefing it up, I was going to do a spool till I found out about the s trac it's got a lifetime warranty to the original owner and they state for extreme launch abuse for cars running 9s

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Josh levin @ Levin motorsports in st Petersburg he has done all my tuning he is pretty damm good

I should be able to make it out that weekend,It should be good to go besides the rear end as long as I don't launch it I'll defiantly break my Ford's torsion, that's why I'm beefing it up, I was going to do a spool till I found out about the s trac it's got a lifetime warranty to the original owner and they state for extreme launch abuse for cars running 9s
I forgot to mention I'm also doing the billet caps and all the bracing I can do to it, I put on the bmr drag springs on today and it's a little to low for my liking they need to make a spring with a inch drop it would be so much better

20180316_214840.jpg

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks good! I'm running the 2013 Cobra Jet Springs on mine, looks like mine sits a little higher maybe

zWhi8axl.jpg

rrpWBuil.jpg
Your right it sits like I want mine might have to go with that setup

You have a good looking car, those wheels make it look nice, once I do my rear end I'll be going 15 in the back and 18 in the front to clear the brembo

10pm and still on the dyno, took alot to get it licensed with hp tuners, I should have some # in the morning

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sweet, hey what size wheel studs are you going with when you order your Strange Axles?
I was going with stock size pressed, u think I should go with a diffrent set up for those

We made 1038 rwhp at 16psi of boost, alot of power left on the table due to the clutch slipping after 850 ft lbs torque it really sucked I was hoping to hit 1300

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Wow congrats that's awesome! That thing's gonna run for sure! Well the reason I was asking about the studs is I have the stock length 1/2" screw in type studs and would like to get the 5/8" longer studs but it's a PITA to send the axles back to Strange to have them changed, I was going to see if you wanted 1/2" studs maybe you could order the 5/8" and I would give you mine and some money $$ ? You probably want the 5/8" studs though making that kind of power.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
I was going with stock size pressed, u think I should go with a diffrent set up for those

We made 1038 rwhp at 16psi of boost, alot of power left on the table due to the clutch slipping after 850 ft lbs torque it really sucked I was hoping to hit 1300
What engine is that? (not to thread jack)

Back