T&A

jmauld

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone here have experience with the modified bilsteins struts and rear Penske shocks offers by T&A racing?

NDSP

forum member
Reaction score
you have a link? i tried googling them but got weird inconclusive results

NDSP

forum member
Reaction score
Well if it is the same bilsteins that I have just turned into a coil over. Then I'd be very interested. It isn't adjustable, but it is a good strut. From the website if they did indeed to the R&D and created these to fill the gap then they seem like they would be a damn fine deal. At $395 a strut that is a deal. I guess I'd try and find out what all you get for the $395 each. Springs? even without springs it seems like a damn fine deal. I'd consider it for sure.

jmauld

forum member
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, it does not include the springs. I also think that they are the OE fit bilsteins that have been modified for 2.5" spring use, and then custom valved. But I am just guessing based on what I see in the picture. Particularly, the mounting tabs look just like the ones that I have.

My concern with this setup, is that the struts are fairly long and you're paying a bit of money to still have limited travel.

I agree, it's still a good deal at that price. A new Bilstein strut, adjuster sleeve and custom valving are worth that asking price, IMO.

I did find a post from 2011 from a user on another forum that had them. I sent him a PM, but no response yet.

NDSP

forum member
Reaction score
Bilsteins are shorter than a stock strut so unless you go crazy slamming the thing to the ground it should retain a decent travel range.

I'd also be curious to know what spring rate comes with the strut, or what range of spring rates that the strut will work with.

Last edited:

jmauld

forum member
Reaction score
I sent him a couple of question through their ebay listing on April 9, and have not heard anything back from them.

I can't give my money to someone that doesn't offer support, so I'll be waiting patiently to see what Vorshlag comes up with this summer. I was really looking forward to blowing my bonus money next week.

Vorshlag-Fair

Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
They sell only on eBay and their website looks like it was made by a 4 year old. That would make me worry a bit about their product... just sayin.

We're working on a better solution to the "what coilover can I get for the S197 that is affordable, monotube, not junk and NOT three grand"...

jmauld

forum member
Reaction score
We're working on a better solution to the "what coilover can I get for the S197 that is affordable, monotube, not junk and NOT three grand"...
I know you guys have had a rough start to the summer, but have you made any progress with the bilstein setup?

modernbeat

Jason McDaniel @ Vorshlag
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I know you guys have had a rough start to the summer, but have you made any progress with the bilstein setup?

Yes, we've set up two different strut solutions that we eventually discarded. Not everything is a home run the first time up. Other options exist. And we still have this on the development schedule.

midlife5.0

Reaction score
Why did I fall for the bait of this thread title? I was not thinking coilovers!

modernbeat

Jason McDaniel @ Vorshlag
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Any idea on timing of that solution?

No. We've been working on our move to a new location to we can bring some of our machine work in-house. The PSS10 or similar kit is still on the development list.

jmauld

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the difference is between the Bilstein HD for the 2005-2009 models and the the HD for the 2010-2014 models? Are they interchangeable?

Mineral_'01

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the difference is between the Bilstein HD for the 2005-2009 models and the the HD for the 2010-2014 models? Are they interchangeable?

I would think they would be the same other than the threaded shaft area like all 05-10 and 11-14 struts are.

attachment.php

jmauld

forum member
Reaction score
Cool. So I assume that you can use those on the older models if you switch to camber plates that are designed for the 2010+ models?

AS#24Cheif

Reaction score
Northville Michigan is home

Also plan to attend the PRI show in a few weeks !

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back