Tapping intake manifold

cyclerick

forum member
Reaction score
To measure IATs, can I tap into the rear of the composite GT intake manifold with a 1/8" npt? Is this the best place to measure temp? Do I need to worry about the tap blowing out from the pressure?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
That is part of the MAF, you can probably tap it.

cyclerick

forum member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the MAF is downstream from my throttle body in the SC tube whereas the temps in the intake manifold will be higher as it sits on top of the engine. If I wasn't SC'd I wouldn't be worried about it.

Last edited:

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i doubt your going to be pushing enough boost to blow a threaded sending unit out the back of the intake. make sure wherever you pick, it wont be disturbed by anything leaning/ rubbing against it. and not anywhere that engine torque would cause it to hit the firewall or anything else. and i think the back if the intake would be a suitable spot

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
I tapped a runner in my intake with no problems so far. Running 10-11 lbs of boost with no issues.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Tapped the runner underneath so the wires run under the manifold. Everything is out of the way.

cyclerick

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, good advice. I'll be running 11.5 Boost for now. I'm also going to install the manifold heat shield while I'm at it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back