TaylorGT's AutoX Progress Thread

CobraRed

Creator of Tools
Reaction score
I literally bought the QA1 9" 250# springs from overnightpartsfromjapan.com

$37.36/pc

I have HPS 5.0 pads front/back and GT500 rear discs and bracket showing up already. So worth a try.

Edit: Those new 19's are going to be way better, Taylor

Last edited:

TaylorGT

forum member
Reaction score
I literally bought the QA1 9" 250# springs from overnightpartsfromjapan.com

$37.36/pc

I have HPS 5.0 pads front/back and GT500 rear discs and bracket showing up already. So worth a try.

Edit: Those new 19's are going to be way better, Taylor

So you're going to install the 9" spring and keep the adjustment collar? Please update your thread on that progress. Thats a great price!

The new wheels are great, bare wheels weigh in at 24.5lbs which is awesome to me considering the cost and the fact that they are 19x10.

TaylorGT

forum member
Reaction score
Testing 1-2-3...sorry it's sideways. Phone upload and I can't figure out why it's sideways

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 19

TaylorGT

forum member
Reaction score
Installed my sways and end links as the photo above suggests.

Noticed my oil filter and a lot of components down there were covered in finely shredded belt material. I'm wondering where my issues is. Might have to take a look into my tensioners and/or replace belts.

DSMaverick

Reaction score
Hey Taylor - I saw that you were selling the XTA coilovers? What's up with that? I was looking into possibly picking up some. Problems/issues?

TaylorGT

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Taylor - I saw that you were selling the XTA coilovers? What's up with that? I was looking into possibly picking up some. Problems/issues?

There was a brief time when I was planning on selling these to pick up a buddies Ground Control setup. But that fell through, I decided not to sell this setup.

DSMaverick

Reaction score
Makes sense. I've been doing eye-reddening reading the past week or so on suspension, as I'm sure you did, and am about to the point where I was going to pick up some XTA coilovers which is why I was curious.

Got the alignment done over lunch, barely. We had a helluva time getting this thing on the rack. We could only get the drivers side to -1.9 (I was having them shoot for -1.6). So we set both sides even with just a hair of positive toe. Drives much better now.

Wish for street driving we could have got the camber adjusted a bit better.

Were you saying that you were only able to get a max camber value of -1.9deg on the driver side with the provided CC places that came with the XTAs? Meaning there was more room to go negative if desired.

TaylorGT

forum member
Reaction score
Makes sense. I've been doing eye-reddening reading the past week or so on suspension, as I'm sure you did, and am about to the point where I was going to pick up some XTA coilovers which is why I was curious.

Were you saying that you were only able to get a max camber value of -1.9deg on the driver side with the provided CC places that came with the XTAs? Meaning there was more room to go negative if desired.

That was the best we could get out of it as far as getting it straight. I was hoping to run -1.6 and start my own adjusting from there for handling purposes.

Since I've switched tire set ups (that was with the 20s) I've had no issues getting the camber where I want up front.

CobraRed

Creator of Tools
Reaction score

I have the same but with 250# rear linear springs. I maintain that they are the best daily driven coil-overs you can buy for the money if you're not in a snow/salt town.

Fresh oil
New brake fluid in

Ready to test the car at the ShelbyFest autocross on May 7th.

Nice, let us know how it goes!

TaylorGT

forum member
Reaction score
Well the car performed better than I could have imagined at Shelbyfest with little to no prep. I made a quick adjustment to the shocks/struts and didn't touch them for the rest of the day. Didn't have time to put the car on the lift so I was running no negative camber up front. Still managed to pull off a 2nd place finish. Definitely need to make some tweaks as I had a lot more understeer this time around then I did last year. Thats more than likely a side effect of the installation of my new sway bars and not having them tweaked just yet.

Gateway Performance showed up with 5 of their fully prepped autocross cars. They were runnging 26.xx/27.xx/28.xx consistently over both days. It was an extremely short course due to space limitations, the event was almost cancelled but at the last minute the fire department let us use their smaller training facility lot. This was an open charity event, so there wasn't any classes but they did have a good timing system. They basically threw everyone into two categories, Gateway Performance drivers and everyone else.

The only driver that pulled a faster time than me was a much more experienced CAM car/driver who was running 26s. My fastest time of the day was 28.39, which was at least into the times that some of the Gateway Performance cars were running. They had an S197 running 28.7s.

Got an invite to the Corvette Clubs track day here in a few weeks. So I'm going to try and get the car ready this time and see if I can stomp some C5/C6 guys :)

Last edited:

TaylorGT

forum member
Reaction score
Good stuff. :thumb: How have you been liking those BFG's?

I really like them, I'm much more satisfied with them than I was with my Hankook V12s, I had way more confidence in the tire. I noticed it most in the slalom. They will really get put to the test on June 4th at the track day. I ran this track last year with my Falkens and the year before with the Hankooks.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back