TaylorGT's AutoX Progress Thread

CobraRed

Creator of Tools
Reaction score
I'll be pulling my rear suspension apart hopefully this weekend to measure some things. I'll let you know.

Nice.

I'm also trying to picture in my mind how a 2.5" ID spring seats into the upper "perch" / mount on the chassis side.

TaylorGT

forum member
Reaction score
Nice.

I'm also trying to picture in my mind how a 2.5" ID spring seats into the upper "perch" / mount on the chassis side.

I'm not worried about that side. I'm worried about the adjustment perch. It seems smaller to me.

TaylorGT

forum member
Reaction score
I didn't get a chance to pull the rear springs this weekend, but out of dumb luck one of the guys I follow on instagram wanted to pull his perches on his XTAs to get a little lower and did so without any problems. He stated they were in fact 2.5 ID springs at the base so that's good news.

He also said if you're looking for a little more adjustment without swapping springs. Then you could go with the BC Racing rear spring adjustment sleeves/perches. They are 85 bucks and allow for another 1/2" of adjust-ability. I haven't called BC yet today to confirm.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 5
  • download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

CobraRed

Creator of Tools
Reaction score
It's mainly the springs I want to get rid of. Ever since my Watts I havent found a sweet spot with the dampers, and I think it may be the progressive springs.

I don't need to go a lot lower or higher.

So if we get an 8" spring is that all we're going to need?

TaylorGT

forum member
Reaction score
It's mainly the springs I want to get rid of. Ever since my Watts I havent found a sweet spot with the dampers, and I think it may be the progressive springs.

I don't need to go a lot lower or higher.

So if we get an 8" spring is that all we're going to need?

I e-mailed Maximum Motorsport and talked w/ Jack Hidley. He's pretty confident with an 8" spring you're going to need a helper spring to keep it in place. A 9" spring would be the sweet spot but they are hard to find (QA1 is the only one I can think of off the top of my head).

CobraRed

Creator of Tools
Reaction score
What about Mark's comment?

Fwiw I have 8" rears 250lb and with the adjusters as far up as I will comfortably go, I am lowered about 1.75" out back. With a 9" 300lb spring I was as low as I could go and was lowered 1.25".

Mark Aubele

forum member
Reaction score
I e-mailed Maximum Motorsport and talked w/ Jack Hidley. He's pretty confident with an 8" spring you're going to need a helper spring to keep it in place. A 9" spring would be the sweet spot but they are hard to find (QA1 is the only one I can think of off the top of my head).

Eibach carries them as well. Had 9" 300lb springs.

Edit: sorry guys just saw you quoted an earlier post.

CobraRed

Creator of Tools
Reaction score
Eibach carries them as well. Had 9" 300lb springs.

Edit: sorry guys just saw you quoted an earlier post.

You're running no helper spring on your 8" now, right?

Do you know your ground height to fender or fender to center wheel height?

I know I'm around 1.75" up front, but don;t think im that low out back, and dont want to go lower.

Mark Aubele

forum member
Reaction score
You're running no helper spring on your 8" now, right?

Do you know your ground height to fender or fender to center wheel height?

I know I'm around 1.75" up front, but don;t think im that low out back, and dont want to go lower.

Yes, 8" spring out back, 250lb. As far up as I can comfortably go. I will go grab the fender heights (factory Brembo wheels/tires).

Mark Aubele

forum member
Reaction score
Front: 27 3/8"
Rear: 27 1/2"

Lowest I could get rear with the 9" 300lb was just under 28". 250 would get at least 1/2-3/4 lower. I had the 8" laying around from my old A Sedan car so I put them in, ideally I would run a 9" 250lb. spring.

Mark Aubele

forum member
Reaction score
You know what guys? I am a fucking idiot. The 300s I had were a 10" spring. The 250s are in fact 8". Sorry for the confusion.

CobraRed

Creator of Tools
Reaction score
Seems like a 9" would be a winner then. Thanks for the info, Mark.

Most helpful.

Now, just where to find the elusive 250-275lb 9" spring

FWIW, I'm

Front: 26.5"
Rear: 27.25"

Last edited:

CobraRed

Creator of Tools
Reaction score
http://www.summitracing.com/search/...2+4294919849+4294907767+4294862747+4294919710

QA1 seems to be all that is out there. I don't think a 10" would get you as low as you want to be, although an 8" should work.

I don't have a problem with QA1. Seem like a cheap risk buying two of those.

Also, I wouldn't have a problem if puttin these in resulting in a rear ride height gain of 1/4-1/2". I'm not die hard about the low-low, it just where my current progressive springs like to be adjusted too, they're weird.

I wonder how the 250lb liner compare to these, KW wouldn't give me estimates on them because they are progressive.

TaylorGT

forum member
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with QA1. Seem like a cheap risk buying two of those.

Also, I wouldn't have a problem if puttin these in resulting in a rear ride height gain of 1/4-1/2". I'm not die hard about the low-low, it just where my current progressive springs like to be adjusted too, they're weird.

I wonder how the 250lb liner compare to these, KW wouldn't give me estimates on them because they are progressive.

I don't think you'd see a ride height gain from a 9" 250lb spring. The 10" progressive we have back there now is 10". As I had said a few posts back, the only one I can find in 9" is the QA1.

TaylorGT

forum member
Reaction score
Still looking into tires for the Forgestar 19x10 +39 square setup. Would you guys run a 275/35 or 285/35 square setup on a 10" wheel?

TaylorGT

forum member
Reaction score
She arrived today. Ignore the messy shop, it's a work in progress.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 9

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
If the tread width measurements for those two sizes are within 0.2", I'd rather run the 275's on 10" rims for the sharper steering precision. But (class rules permitting) I'd run 285's on 10.5's before either size on 10's.

Norm

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back