TCI TRANS. and Ratchet Shifter

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Man, I wish the website worked! I found the pic and that shifter is nice! Wondering what the new hp rateing of the 5R55S is also! Wish that I could help you, im excited to find out now, Thanks for shareing the find :worship:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Saw the shifter at the PRI show. Talked to a rep and he stated that the shifter would be available sometime around May or June. I ragged on him pretty hard about getting the damn thing out sooner so we could have it in time for racing season. Didn't do much good but I tried. The one they had on display had a good feel to it so I'm ready for it to be available. Price will probably be around $200 according to the rep.

GI Joe

Reaction score
Saw the shifter at the PRI show. Talked to a rep and he stated that the shifter would be available sometime around May or June. I ragged on him pretty hard about getting the damn thing out sooner so we could have it in time for racing season. Didn't do much good but I tried. The one they had on display had a good feel to it so I'm ready for it to be available. Price will probably be around $200 according to the rep.

hahaha...That shifter is going to be ( it is in fact) $479. It will be available 25 Feb.

racevert

ZKiller
Reaction score
Well you let us no if that big gawdy shifter works after you drop 5 bills on it!

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I couldn't help but notice it said 650 engine hp. So with typical 15% drivetrain loss you talking about a trans that is rated to 560rwhp or so. I would hope that they are just being conservative for warranty purposes and it actually can handle a bit more.

GI Joe

Reaction score
I couldn't help but notice it said 650 engine hp. So with typical 15% drivetrain loss you talking about a trans that is rated to 560rwhp or so. I would hope that they are just being conservative for warranty purposes and it actually can handle a bit more.
I hope so too. I saw that too and was surprised. They also said the tranny would go around $3500 but would not commit on a price...They also said that was with a core exchange...
Too much for me. I'm thinking of sending mine to Larrys... Seems to be holding up..

tlt05gt

Larry's Transmission
Reaction score
I hope so too. I saw that too and was surprised. They also said the tranny would go around $3500 but would not commit on a price...They also said that was with a core exchange...
Too much for me. I'm thinking of sending mine to Larrys... Seems to be holding up..

Thats a good idea........mine is only $3499.99:thumb: LMAO Ok I will wave the .99 just for you.

Slofoot

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I asked Kevin W. at TCI about the tranny availability last week and he said that they should be starting to ship very soon. The core is an exchange only. You won't have to wait for your tranny to be built and returned. They will be an off the shelf item. Mine has held up very well to this point but I'm only at 475 rwhp or so.

GI Joe

Reaction score
I asked Kevin W. at TCI about the tranny availability last week and he said that they should be starting to ship very soon. The core is an exchange only. You won't have to wait for your tranny to be built and returned. They will be an off the shelf item. Mine has held up very well to this point but I'm only at 475 rwhp or so.

I called last week too. Seems we got 2 different answers... I asked for Stanley and got Wade...

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I couldnt open the damn pdf file on the site so I was left in suspense with

"‘05-‘08 Ford Mustangs built to withstand up to 650 engine horsepower applications Until now"

I was hopeing they made a great discovery and had them holding way more power...... CRAP! :tdown: lol

GI Joe

Reaction score
Then they can stick that $479 chunk right back up their ass.
haha I though it was crazy too...and he said that was a "finalized price"
The price in the tranny with a core is high too.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Nothing like pricing the damn thing so you'll never sell a fuckin' one. You know who will have those shifters? Show cars. Or some horses ass from Jersey.

08GOGT

forum member
Reaction score
DAMN... I was looking to get the shifter for my slush box but not for 5 bills.. I was shocked at the price of the shoft shifters for the S197 compared to the older T5/T45 Tri-ax/pro 5.0 prices, so I guess it should be expected. It seems that all these companies are no longer looking at budget racers. I guess they think we must be like the chubby owners and not mind shelling out the cash, why else would they think that we would spend $1k on a new intake for a couple HP, or $500 on a shifter.

They can call me when they get a trans brake for the new tranny then we can talk about forking over some coin

AirGoNomyk

Owned by a 3 legged dog
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nothing like pricing the damn thing so you'll never sell a fuckin' one. You know who will have those shifters? Show cars. Or some horses ass from Jersey.

I don't show the car nor am I from Jersey...but I really like that piece and will be buying it when available.

Horse's ass from Maryland lol

SixtySix

ZonieBaloney
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well the $479 is probably full retail and not what they'll actually be selling them for. I'd look for them to actually be going for around $350. Personally I'm waiting for the B&M to FINALLY come out. Something about that TCI shifter bugs me and if they do in fact price it above the B&M, then it's the B&M for sure.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back