Test fitting my 18x11" SVT wheels (WeldCraft)

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Reaction score
Finally got the wheels back from WeldCraft, and I must say....he is as good as everyone said he is. I'm posting these for others to see that the 11" wheel will work without any modification if you choose the proper tire. If you decide to use the 345/35/18 Mickey Thompson ET Street II drag radials (as I am), you will have to remove the dust covers from the rear shocks.

I can't push my pinkey finger between the wheel and the dust boot.

18x11WeldCraft1.jpg

18x11WeldCraft4.jpg

The bump stop bracket isn't an issue if your car is lowered at least an inch. It flares out in the open wheel area and will never contact the wheel itself, or the tire.

18x11WeldCraft2.jpg

These things are huge

18x11WeldCraft6.jpg

18x11WeldCraft5.jpg

Oh noes.....not my toes! :dw:

18x11WeldCraft7.jpg

Again, just for future reference for anyone who questions the ability. *You WILL require an adjustable panhard rod to center the rearend, or one side will rub.*

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
good deal! that should give you some traction. how much weight did the 1.5" add to the wheel's weight?

Is the dust cover off in this pic?

18x11WeldCraft1.jpg

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Reaction score
No, the dust cover is still on the shock in this pic, as I have performed no modifications yet. I never weighed the wheel before and after, so I have no clue.

Justin @ VMP weighed the stock wheel with stock tire versus the widened wheel with larger drag radial. You can read about it in the link below.

Weldcraft and VMP

62 lbs. OEM
74 lbs. widened with drag radial (305/35/18 MT ET Streets)

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thanks, having read your posts across 3-4 boards I thought for sure you would have weighed them!

Reaction score
Again, just for future reference for anyone who questions the ability. *You WILL require an adjustable panhard rod to center the rearend, or one side will rub.*

Good to know, i saw that top picture and was like "wooooooo boy that is awfully close".

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
are those stock gt500 rims? if they are, i got a set without tires, ill weigh one when i get a chance

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
if you were to add qa1 shocks you will have plenty of clearence

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had a set of Foxbody LX wheels years ago that were narrowed. I was looking into getting the rears widened..but couldn't afford it back then.

From profile...looked like a set of stock rims...but from the front...fats and skinnies!!

RH

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
I've thought about them doing my wheels but it is just so much $$ for me to do. Not only the price they charge- but i'm talking tires as my car is a dd. I feel like i'd be spending tons of $. Looks great though, can't wait to see tires on this thing and a shot of the back.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back