Test fitting my 18x11" SVT wheels (WeldCraft)

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Tires arrived tonight via FedEx, and WOW are they huge.

0209011840.jpg

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
offset would not change. they add the material to the inside of the wheel.

Yes, offset would change. If the "center" of the wheel is moved back (as it would be if they added material to the rear), it would get bigger. If they added 1.5" to the wheel, and the factory offset is 45mm, the new offset should be 1/2 of what they added plus the old offset, which would end up at around 64mm, correct?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Kris - yea your right. I was thinking the hub out to the outer edge of the wheel.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Reaction score
Little bit of a difference in size here.

0211011152.jpg

0211011151.jpg

Today I cut and removed the shock dust cover to make clearance for the new shoes. It's simple to do with a side grinder while the shock is still on the car.

0211011228.jpg

Here is a picture of the OEM sized tire (285/40/18) in relation to the uncut shock. You can see how much room is there for this mod to be possible.

0211011213.jpg

This picture shows how close the new tire (345/35/18) is to the wheel well, and why it's a must to remove the shock dust cover.

0211011212.jpg

and here are the pictures some have been waiting for, oh look....mid mufflers on a Shelby.

0211011601.jpg

My tip is crooked, darn you Johnathan! *kidding* No worries man, it's an easy adjustment. =)

0211011600.jpg

Again, this is a crappy cell phone camera. I will clean up the car and get some nice pics with a better camera very soon.

The car rides VERY nice, a surprise to me, with the new meats. The car dead hooks in second gear at any speed. I can still burn them good in first, but that's because I had 28 psi in them. Can't wait to see how well they hook at the track with psi in the teens.

nickD

forum member
Reaction score
kind of a random questions but im looking to send my wheels to weldcraft, where did you get the boxes to pack your wheels?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Reaction score
kind of a random questions but im looking to send my wheels to weldcraft, where did you get the boxes to pack your wheels?

Go to your local wheel/tire dealer. They normally have boxes to give away.

I bought my wheels online, and the seller shipped them direct to Weldcraft.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Reaction score
lol if you read their FAQ it directly stated to not do that.

Yeah, what are you talking about? Don't do what?

Those bitches are fat! Love it man, hows she ride/hook?

Rides so good, it's better than the street tire.

Dead hooks in second gear, no matter what my roll speed is. The guys who once took advantage of me from a 20 mph roll is now very upset! On street tires, I was a dead duck.....now....it's all my fun.

I can still burn them in first, but that's not an issue. Still can't wait to try them at the track. I want to see how well they hook at air psi in the teens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back