TESTING new Rim package

silverspec

forum member
Reaction score
I've seen them in 20's on a couple of S197, but never a set in 18s.
It does have a step lip, so will make them look very small. For the price though u can't go wrong

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
I've seen them in 20's on a couple of S197, but never a set in 18s.
It does have a step lip, so will make them look very small. For the price though u can't go wrong

so have I. I am almost certain I will be rolling the 20x10.5 square as the final wheel set for my car, but while the 18x10 set is sitting in my garage I might as well use it.

turka

Reaction score
awesome dude! I have the same wheels but in Matte Black, been trying to sell them so I can get a higher offset as well. Thanks for posting the pics, made me realize I can't run +22 all around and I guess I will be switching it up to a different style since I don't want to jock your style even though I'm all the way on the east coast haha

JV doose

forum member
Reaction score
xxr521. its a very nice looking wheel but im afraid the 3.5 inch lip will make them look extra tiny on the mustang
thats gunna be sick

the original wheel i wanted were the work Meister S1 thats got some serious lip too. i love that look tho .. i just dont wanna poke much.

your wheels almost look like th LM's i have seen other stangs with them and they dont look bad at all .. u just got to eliminate wheel gap .. lol

JV doose

forum member
Reaction score
awesome dude! I have the same wheels but in Matte Black, been trying to sell them so I can get a higher offset as well. Thanks for posting the pics, made me realize I can't run +22 all around and I guess I will be switching it up to a different style since I don't want to jock your style even though I'm all the way on the east coast haha

nice yea +22 is a no go .. maybe if its a smaller width u can probably get away with it. and like i said run em man .. who cares! this isnt my actual setup. its just till i get what i really want ;)

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
thats gunna be sick

the original wheel i wanted were the work Meister S1 thats got some serious lip too. i love that look tho .. i just dont wanna poke much.

your wheels almost look like th LM's i have seen other stangs with them and they dont look bad at all .. u just got to eliminate wheel gap .. lol

ooh first mustang s197 on meisters yum yum. i like how you think man.

we shall see how they look, im on coilovers and factory 17s the car sits pretty low. and by that i dont mean sportline low haha

JV doose

forum member
Reaction score
ooh first mustang s197 on meisters yum yum. i like how you think man.

we shall see how they look, im on coilovers and factory 17s the car sits pretty low. and by that i dont mean sportline low haha

yup S1's are Sex. nice what coilovers? lol 1" drop SLAMMED!

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
yup S1's are Sex. nice what coilovers? lol 1" drop SLAMMED!

dang now im excited to see some jdm fitment on our cars.

check out these that went on an sr20det is300
0253.jpg

I have megan racing coilovers. lol gap is not slammed

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
so have I. I am almost certain I will be rolling the 20x10.5 square as the final wheel set for my car, but while the 18x10 set is sitting in my garage I might as well use it.

pretty agressive offset

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
pretty agressive offset

it def is for the s197s but look at JV doose specs 18x10.5 on 22 offset.
and i keep saying these will be trial fitment due to the fact that i fear 18s with a lip will look tiny on the car.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
it def is for the s197s but look at JV doose specs 18x10.5 on 22 offset.
and i keep saying these will be trial fitment due to the fact that i fear 18s with a lip will look tiny on the car.
but his also sticks out a bit.

Thekid760

forum member
Reaction score
I've been looking at the xxr521's also, but am concerned that +25 on an 18x10 will stick out too much. Post some pics.

here's the only pics I could find on the net with those wheels and an s197:

xxr.jpg

xxr2.jpg

xxr1.jpg

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
I've been looking at the xxr521's also, but am concerned that +25 on an 18x10 will stick out too much. Post some pics.

here's the only pics I could find on the net with those wheels and an s197:

those are 20s. 20x8.5f 20x10.5r the rears have a 30 offset and that guy shaved 5mm off the hub so its running a lil bit less poke. i have plenty of pics of mustang with 521s in 20 in form like that but never seen it on 18s. I will def take some pics, im going to a car show this weekend so there should be good photogs out.

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
I almost think that I liked it better with the brembos.

Not going to lie though, I would definitely like to make sweet love to your car...jk....maybe..

neema

forum member
Reaction score
very very nice. you're a brave (crazy?) soul running your rear end that low with that poke. mount a gopro up on a suction mount to see what it's like when you're driving--it's an eye opener sometimes (also works really well to see how much you need to pull a fender)

i wish varrstoen, xxr, rota, and major "original" manufacturers opened up a segment for the s197 chassis. i'm sure te37s with aggressive but realistic offsets would look great on the car, not to mention a bunch of other stuff out there.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back