TESTING new Rim package

JV doose

forum member
Reaction score
very very nice. you're a brave (crazy?) soul running your rear end that low with that poke. mount a gopro up on a suction mount to see what it's like when you're driving--it's an eye opener sometimes (also works really well to see how much you need to pull a fender)

i wish varrstoen, xxr, rota, and major "original" manufacturers opened up a segment for the s197 chassis. i'm sure te37s with aggressive but realistic offsets would look great on the car, not to mention a bunch of other stuff out there.
lol yea i might just try that .. but i got no gopro =[

i was speaking to one of the guys over @ VarrsToen and seems like they are working on making something not just for our cars but offsets we can use period. its not that easy tho. but hey at least they are working on it

So much hate out there. :rant:
those idots are just a bunch of sheeps the feel sucure to follow the crowd. while i know that this style isnt for everyone. nonconstructive criticism and stupid comments like "ricer this ricer that" just make them look dumb but hey it makes them feel "cool" lol

it just means youre doing something right. way i see it. hate me or love me, im on your mind
well said my friend!

acrbill

Reaction score
i wish varrstoen, xxr, rota, and major "original" manufacturers opened up a segment for the s197 chassis. i'm sure te37s with aggressive but realistic offsets would look great on the car, not to mention a bunch of other stuff out there.

LOL There are several Rota designs that are knockoffs of more expensive wheels. That being said.... I love the shit out of most Rotas.

OP have you found the wheels in a better suited offset yet?

neema

forum member
Reaction score
lol yea i might just try that .. but i got no gopro =[

i was speaking to one of the guys over @ VarrsToen and seems like they are working on making something not just for our cars but offsets we can use period. its not that easy tho. but hey at least they are working on it

my eyes are peeled--if varrstoen comes out with anything i wouldn't be surprised if i end up getting something from them. as it is, i wouldn't mind getting my current wheels powder coated from them--they've got their colors down.

JV doose

forum member
Reaction score
OP have you found the wheels in a better suited offset yet?
yup they are getting milled and powder coated so i should have them in a week or so. since everything is separate (the machine shop where they're getting stripped and where they powder coat them) it takes a little longer.

my eyes are peeled--if varrstoen comes out with anything i wouldn't be surprised if i end up getting something from them. as it is, i wouldn't mind getting my current wheels powder coated from them--they've got their colors down.
yea the def do ... i saw them do a sick Teal color for a Z .... it was like a polish wheels with a matte teal clear on it
dont forget [email protected] is a super chill dude. very helpful... if u need anything hit him up

starbai

Reaction score
so is it really gonna affect the feel of the car to have 10.5" wide all around but have a higher offest in the rear than in the front?

for example, +25 up front, and +37, or +42 in the rear?

Would that technically mean the car's track is wider int he front than the rear?

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
so is it really gonna affect the feel of the car to have 10.5" wide all around but have a higher offest in the rear than in the front?

for example, +25 up front, and +37, or +42 in the rear?

Would that technically mean the car's track is wider int he front than the rear?

i feel like that is what most drift race cars do.

starbai

Reaction score
possibly... but on street, is it going to affect how the car rides? (pulls)?

I mean thats just wheel sizes... chances are i'll do skinnier tires up front than the rear if i did a 10.5" setup.. probably 285s in the rear, and 265's in the front. looking at +25 offset up front and probably end up with +40 offset in the rear.

starbai

Reaction score
i feel like that is what most drift race cars do.

the thing is looking at his pics from pg, 1... it seems like to do a nice wide wheel and be flush with minimal poke, thats all you can do? higher offests in the rear... hes supposedly runing the same thing on all 4 corners, so to suck in the back wheels he needs a higher offset just back there.

I guess my question is, is approx 15mm difference, (higher) in the rear TOO dramatic to the point where it will affect how the car drives?

I mean ultimately we're taking about what... apprximately .75" in the rear further in than the front and so i dont know if its REALLY going to even make that big of a deal. Esp considering the skinnier tires up front is going to eat up some of that difference too.

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
if you wanted these same wheels. the solution would be to do 9.5s in the front and the 10.5s in the rear.

I understand your point. i too wouldn't like it if my front axle was wider than the rears. but with that being said run a square setup with the offset dictated by rear fitment or run a staggered fitment where the front and rear poke matched

starbai

Reaction score
10.5 are my only option with the particular look and wheel i'm interested in... I was excited to know that a +25, 10.5" up front is very possible!

I was then upset by the fact that doing the same in the rear wouldn't be right... +45 is an option, and i can throw a 10mm spacer on it... but that would still leave me 10mm wder up front...

decisions decisions...

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
i was thinking about this on my way home. we need to measure the front axle to the rear axle. bc offset is only relevant to poke to fender and strut not axle width.

starbai

Reaction score
not 100% sure i can picture what you're referring to. I think i get it, but if you're willing to help me figure out how to measure what you're saying i'd be happy to try it.

sinabite

forum member
Reaction score
Can NEVER be toooo aggresive looking! Keep 'em on, they look AWESOME!!!!

neema

forum member
Reaction score
yup they are getting milled and powder coated so i should have them in a week or so. since everything is separate (the machine shop where they're getting stripped and where they powder coat them) it takes a little longer.

yea the def do ... i saw them do a sick Teal color for a Z .... it was like a polish wheels with a matte teal clear on it
dont forget [email protected] is a super chill dude. very helpful... if u need anything hit him up

if it's safe to mill the wheels, they'll undoubtedly look sick. a nice healthy bronze te37 in a 19x10+ was what i always wanted, but there's no way i could see anything fitting without riding dirty.

thanks for the email address. i'll send them an appeal sometime soon. :)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back