The 2015 Mustang, Forged Internals.

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
interesting.
If they put the R-block in stock 2015 mustangs and sell it for $999 I am gonna be pissed as even at cost it was way more than that.

striker 5

forum member
Reaction score
If this is true I'm in . was thinking of a c6 pro charger . Last weekend I took my car to show at the Romeo engine plant there I seen and sat in a 15 gt was the track pack the color was yellow like everyone has said the car is awesome up close . I just see the ruby red one on the road today very hot

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
attachment.php

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
I could be incorrect but I think the forged internals are just like the ones from the Boss Mustang.

Edit* I just read the article. How in the hell are they selling this block for 999 when I think the 13 block is like 1300?

Last edited:

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Internals should be similar to current coyote. There is also a big difference in "forged". Even if the powder forged rods are great, still looks like a cast piston. Either way, the hope of a 1000hp factory motor is slim to none.

DRock

Reaction score
if the $ number holds. I think we will see a ton more 3v to 5.0 swaps

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
They're hyper pistons, but with a solid tune they too should hold over 800hp. The rods are carryover Boss rods. Revised block and heads. Pretty solid base.

striker 5

forum member
Reaction score
Well just got my new addition of MM & F magazine The article says it will have sinter forged connecting rods and a forged crank. The heads will also be improved with larger valves and revised camshafts and stiffer springs . So does anyone know are these the same connecting rods as in the boss motors .

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Well just got my new addition of MM & F magazine The article says it will have sinter forged connecting rods and a forged crank. The heads will also be improved with larger valves and revised camshafts and stiffer springs . So does anyone know are these the same connecting rods as in the boss motors .

All old news. If you would read you would already know the answer to that last question.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Did you read post 13 that is right about your post?:asshat:

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
I could be incorrect but I think the forged internals are just like the ones from the Boss Mustang.

Edit* I just read the article. How in the hell are they selling this block for 999 when I think the 13 block is like 1300?

Not the official answer, but my opinion is this: Increase in Volume usually follows with decrease in unit cost.

The S550 is going to be produced globally, so with the increase in volume it COULD justify that lower unit price.

When I first received the pricing guides at my dealership, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the cost of the cars ('14 GT Premium compared to '15 GT Premium) didn't increase NEARLY the amount I thought it would; especially considering the crossover of MyFord Touch, Driver Assist Tech, etc. The answer to keeping the cost down is volume.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Since this thread is old does anybody know about how much power these '15 GT motors can handle straight from the factory other than the speculation in this thread??? I'd like some updated info.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Since this thread is old does anybody know about how much power these '15 GT motors can handle straight from the factory other than the speculation in this thread??? I'd like some updated info.

More than enough to perform garage ornament duty.

Back