The Killer's return to the track...

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I asked because I see all the people standing along the fence (when I watched the first time I thought it was the wall).

Yeah, the fence is a no-go. The return road is right in front of you, so passing cars obsure your view--plus with the retaining wall still 15 feet away, all you film is the top half of the car as it passes by, the rest is hidden by the retaining wall.

Now, at FAMOSO, where I have plenty of good vids, you can see the we are allowed right up to the retaining wall, at the 60' mark. That makes for the best vids.

Great vids Paul. BTW, did you recorded Richard's and Israel Passes, can you post them on your streetfire page.:highfive:

By "Richard" do you mean Ricardo with the blue Fox mustang?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
got it Paul... thanks for the info..

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the fence is a no-go. The return road is right in front of you, so passing cars obsure your view--plus with the retaining wall still 15 feet away, all you film is the top half of the car as it passes by, the rest is hidden by the retaining wall.

Now, at FAMOSO, where I have plenty of good vids, you can see the we are allowed right up to the retaining wall, at the 60' mark. That makes for the best vids.

By "Richard" do you mean Ricardo with the blue Fox mustang?

Yes, Ricardo...

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ricardo, Eduardo, Manuel... are all you guys related???:boobies:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh, yeah, I filmed that car three times......haha. I went frame by frame with Israel's last pass---which said 7.72 @ 125 mph, but as you know he broke the beams then sat there for a little bit before going.

Well, when I go frame by frame, start when the car starts moving, to when the light comes on, I am coming up with a 5.90 to a 6.00.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Good idea. I'm surprised they let you run like that. It's required.

Only on aftermarket seats. Should have seen the shit that went on between JDM and Bill Alexander over Jim's Saleen having the carbon fiber Ford GT supercar seats.

B/A: "They're not stock."
JDM: "They're stock in the Ford GT."
JDM: "They're stock Ford seats...not aftermarket."
B/A: "They didn't come stock in this car."
JDM: "Yes, they did and I'll have Saleen reps on the phone in five minutes to verify it."

After all that shit was settled what did the tech guys do?

Checked the roll bar in MY car. :wtf:

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
nice vid Paul!

Mark the car is moving for sure!

Paul - quick question, is the angle that much better from the stands then down at the wall to take the vids?

I found one from the wall of CK's

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
Only on aftermarket seats. Should have seen the shit that went on between JDM and Bill Alexander over Jim's Saleen having the carbon fiber Ford GT supercar seats.

JDM: "Yes, they did and I'll have Saleen reps on the phone in five minutes to verify it."

I didn't know he had the stock seat. That's even crazier IMO but to each his own! If I'm going as fast as that car is planning I want a reinforced race seat that is gonna stay in place.

Ken

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I didn't know he had the stock seat. That's even crazier IMO but to each his own! If I'm going as fast as that car is planning I want a reinforced race seat that is gonna stay in place.

Ken

Believe me Ken, I agree with you...lol I just never thought about it until I had to think about it.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Holy shit Mark! If you ever grow some stones, that thing is going to flat out fly. haha j/k. You are 100% correct... getting new PB's every time out is a great objective. And it's fun, too. :thumb:

Barona allows that anywhere along the track, too. All you need to do is sign a waiver as a photographer.

Fastmover

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score

You mean S7!
Factory Bitches!

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Last night at Irwindale was ridiculous. Over 400 cars showed up. I made two attempts at a pass in 4 hours...:dead2:

First pass, my throttle cable on my pedal came off at the launch so dead in the water. Got it fixed and got back in line for 2 freakin' hours and then get to the lanes and hit the rev limiter on the launch AGAIN. The turbos spool so fast after the launch, I just can't get to the shift before the limiter. (which is 8000 BTW) I hit the limiter even before I see my shift light (which was set at 6800) - it's not cool and I have done it on every single pass I have done in the car so far.

So Ken was nice enough to give me one of his spare air shifters. I am done trying to shift this car and next week, we are installing the Air shift system off my CO2 bottle. Then I can just worry about steering the car down the track and see what she is really capable of. The air shifts will also help me be a lot more consistent ET wise as well so I'm excited about it. Other than that, car runs like a champ and is perfect. JPC and RGR did an outstanding job on this motor and its' as close to bulletproof as you can get as I hit the limiter every time I drive it and it takes the abuse like a champ.

Thanks again Ken!!!

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
That sucks Mark... maybe next week! :thumb:

I don't suppose you happened to see mine out there did you?

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That sucks Mark... maybe next week! :thumb:

I don't suppose you happened to see mine out there did you?

Your car was not there. Adam was there with his camaro. Tony and Ken were there as well. I think your trans was not back in yet. Adam said he was planing on having it there next week.

I didn't realize the summit series starts there this sunday so everyone and their mother cam out to TNT. Had I known, I wouldn't have gone, it was stupid. Each line had over 100 cars in it! Lucky to get 2 passes in all night. Epic fail...lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back