The Killer's return to the track...

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Your car was not there. Adam was there with his camaro. Tony and Ken were there as well. I think your trans was not back in yet. Adam said he was planing on having it there next week
Gotcha, thanks.

I didn't realize the summit series starts there this sunday so everyone and their mother cam out to TNT. Had I known, I wouldn't have gone, it was stupid. Each line had over 100 cars in it! Lucky to get 2 passes in all night. Epic fail...lol
:thud:

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
Something doesn't sound right. Things shouldn't be happening THAT fast. What gear are you using and what first gear is in the tranny. Are you sure something isn't wrong with the converter?

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Something doesn't sound right. Things shouldn't be happening THAT fast. What gear are you using and what first gear is in the tranny. Are you sure something isn't wrong with the converter?

I'd like to see the BS3 log on that myself.

SonicGT

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score

3.73 and a Th400. We were starting to smell something last night and thinking its trans fluid. We would like to see his car with a glide, or another 1st gear in the 400. Mark just isnt use to a car like this.

I'd like to see the BS3 log on that myself.
Greg said something about a tad too much slippage in between the shifts. But its hard to get a clean log when its on the limiter so much. We will put the air shifter in and see what that does before trying and looking at other stuff.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

It's that fast. the 2-3 shift is fine but the 2 step on 4500-4700 area with the 3.73's jupms off the line and the boost almost immediately kicks in - before I can even reach the shifter, the rev limiter is going off. It goes from 5000 - 8000 in the blink of an eye.

Do you and SD think I need to go lower on the gears?????

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep - I just talked to Mike at the tranny shop and he said pretty much the same thing. I got the rear end built by currie with a 3.31 in there and then after JPC tuned their silver car with 3.73's - I switched over and now realize it was a mistake. I'm putting the 3.31's back in there and still going to install ken's air shifter and think things will be much better next time out...:highfive:

SonicGT

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
Are you video taping you launches?
You know real men don't use air shifters.hehe!

lol...

this is next... Greg placed the order today....

images

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Personally with the power that car makes Id run a 3.27 gear or 3.08 .
His turbos spool up fast and makes enough power to get that gear rolling .

3.73s are way too much for that car in my opinion .

Pete

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
I don't know if I would jump from 3.73's to 3.31's so fast...I know I know, some people are syaing in their heads right now, "3.73's to 3.31's isn't that much gear"....but it is......It will effect that converter more then you think...

If it were me, and I know it's more of a headache....step to a 3.55.....take baby step's....Going from 3.73's to 3.55's is going to loosen that converter a few hundred rpm's....Just saying, I would take baby step's....

vinnybarber

forum member
Reaction score
no he just needs to slow down
use 3 step
video launches to see what car is doing
turn rpms down on launch
then see if needs to make changes

SonicGT

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
Gears will be put in on Monday along with the air shifter. BTW heres a pic of the Killer in the new RET shop.

shop-2.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back