The value of good tires!

Kaldar142

Reaction score
i'm not really an autox guy, i do road course so the NT05s are generally up to temperature after the warm up lap

also sadly none of those tires seem to come in the sizes i need :(

295/35/18

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
For road/track days I would recommend the NT05 (price-wise) also...NT01 are just slightly more...

You're running 295s!!?? In the front!!?? How!!??
I'm running 275 right now and feel like I can push it to 285...but haven't physically checked for clearances...

Kaldar142

Reaction score
right now im running 285 and i DEFINITELY have enough room for 295s, so thats my next tire

im using 18x10 +41 offset roush wheels on ground control coilovers

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Which Roush wheels? The forged 18x10 (the ones that come on the stage 3s, Trak Paks, and P51)?

I got two sets of 275 and I just feel like they are just right (on the small side)...I think 285 would be a better fit, though I don't know if I would have any rubbing issues with the strut, etc...

marksti

forum member
Reaction score
In the 285/295 range there isn't a whole lot out there for our cars

I would suggest for a street/track tire maybe the Hankook RS-3s which come in a 285/35/18 they are pretty wide tire...i think they are stickier (140 treadwear IIRC) then the nt05 and lighter aswell.

Theres always the 295 r6s :)..if its track only..or the r888 in a 285/30/18 (short tire)

Also the nt01 are quite good..but in a smaller footprint of the 275's :( ..i loved them.

Last edited:

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
have any of you run the falken azensis?

I've run them on other cars... Very good tire. That Mustang drift guy uses them...though he is sponsored by them.:thumb:

I remember the previous generation of the Azenis would overheat very easily and become greasy. When they came out with the RT-615 (current version), they fixed that. A lot of autocross guys run them.

What type of racing would you be doing with them?

dkegel

forum member
Reaction score

_M_

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've run them on other cars... Very good tire. That Mustang drift guy uses them...though he is sponsored by them.:thumb:

I remember the previous generation of the Azenis would overheat very easily and become greasy. When they came out with the RT-615 (current version), they fixed that. A lot of autocross guys run them.

What type of racing would you be doing with them?

Im curently running them, but on the street. Goal is to do some HPDE this coming year.

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Ambitious, but rubbish...

The triple-eight became the "spec" tire for several of the race classes in NASA at the beginning of the year, but the season wasn't half-through before many of the classes were switching back to the RA-1. Toyo, who had discontinued the RA-1, has started to bring them back to market, as well. Tire life was down, lap times were down, incidents were up...

foolio2k4

forum member
Reaction score
how in the world do you run 285s. I have Tein flex w/ stock 17s and w/ the wheel unloaded I barely have a fingers worth or clearance.

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score
Ambitious, but rubbish...

The triple-eight became the "spec" tire for several of the race classes in NASA at the beginning of the year, but the season wasn't half-through before many of the classes were switching back to the RA-1. Toyo, who had discontinued the RA-1, has started to bring them back to market, as well. Tire life was down, lap times were down, incidents were up...

Yeah, I haven't been impressed by them either. I actually think the KDW's were better. I'm running 315 Hoosiers all around in dry but still searching for that good street/rain tire combo.

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
I'm seriously impressed with the Star Specs for the wet, and they make a pretty decent dry tire as well... If you want to stick with a DOT-R type for a street/rain, maybe take a look at the Toyo RA-1... The AI crew basically say that they suck, BUT they suck forever, if you get my drift. I've seen more than one of the TT crew go out on full-tread RA-1 in the rain, so I know they at least work there...

max2000jp

forum member
Reaction score
I've read good things about the new Nitto NT-05. Supposedly, they are a good tire that can be driven to the track and turn quick laps.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back