Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yikes. That was violent.

MGT2009

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like it was strapped down to tight, to me.

Heard reports that they were struggling to properly dyno other cars, too. Apparently they told the mustang owner "sorry about your luck" and thats it.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
A few years ago they banned drag radials at the Texas Mile because they were blowing out. They can handle 250mph in the quarter mile but can't hold 200mph for a full mile.

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
That sucks! I cant imagine the extra drag on the tires being strapped down like that and the dyno operator running the texas mile on the dyno are all that great for any tire. I would not have been happy with that operator.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
If it were the factory all season pirelli tires, they are rated to 168mph

And if they were the MT street tires they could of only been H rated. That's why I ask. I couldn't believe they came out with a tire marketed at musclecars that's only H rated but they did.

Saleen4971

forum member
Reaction score
You can see the sidewall buckling well before it let's loose. Can't say I've seen that in many other dyno videos.....

MGT2009

forum member
Reaction score
Speed ratings are rated at sustained speed for multiple miles. Quick bursts to the rated speed is no problem for any correctly manufactured tires.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Speed ratings are rated at sustained speed for multiple miles. Quick bursts to the rated speed is no problem for any correctly manufactured tires.

Do I understand you correctly that it's ok to take an H rated tire to 150mph? Or did I get the message mixed up?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back