Throttle Body Disassembly and Reassembling?

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
You bet! Planning on the car being down for the winter now so just as well be the first. That is why I am taking lots of pics. I think it is managable to keep the powder coating out of the places that are critical to function. I am confident and willing to give it a go!!!

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
You bet! Planning on the car being down for the winter now so just as well be the first. That is why I am taking lots of pics. I think it is managable to keep the powder coating out of the places that are critical to function. I am confident and willing to give it a go!!!

Imaginary REP for being the guinea pig! If this works, Fallen is going to be busy with a ton of TB's! LOL!!!!!

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Heck yeah, I get a some sweet underhood detailing and fallen gets a boost in business. Its a win win. Now just gotta get it sent out soon so he can get to work!

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
All disassembled and sent out for a final pic after tear down...

Picture093.jpg

The ugliness soon to be gone...

Picture094.jpg

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
Do me a favor, shoot those butterflies over to me as well when you send the throttlebody :)
And for anyone thinking OH NOES HE IS GOING TO POWDERCOAT THEM! No I am not, just spruce em up a bit.

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a stock TB if you want to experiment with one. The TPS sensor is a little fubarred so if you mess it up no great loss.

RH

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Well I already have mine completely taken apart so we will se how this goes.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Ah yes forgot about those pics! Hopefully we will see the pics of this tb and my valve covers all done up in a week or two. Then it will be back to me for reassembly!

richie9mt

Reaction score
This is what I am down to now...

Picture088.jpg

Picture087.jpg

Picture086-1.jpg

Picture085-1.jpg

This may seem weird, but when you had the motor apart did you see two springs? One main spring to return the gear when pedal is let off and a plunger spring for limp-home mode. I think I can see the plunger spring in your second pic in this post, but not a return spring. That's the one I need to find. :)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back