Throw Out Bearing Question

yukonblizzard

forum member
Reaction score
I am right in the middle of installing a manual transmission (tr-3650).

My question is should the throw out bearing be touching the 'teeth' of the pressure plate? Because it is now and I cant seem to get it close enough to the engine to bolt the tranny on. I have searched to no avail but have had no luck.

Thanks

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
Yea, its supposed to be touching at all times, thats why it has bearings to spin....... Maybe you dont have the teeth on the input shft lined up with the clutch teeth?

Last edited:

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
Definately check your clutch alignment. Maybe double check the part number on the slave to be sure it's for the correct application. I think the 6060's are different length than the 3650's.

yukonblizzard

forum member
Reaction score
Yea, its supposed to be touching at all times, thats why it has bearings to spin....... Maybe you dont have the teeth on the input shft lined up with the clutch teeth?

Definately check your clutch alignment. Maybe double check the part number on the slave to be sure it's for the correct application. I think the 6060's are different length than the 3650's.

Thanks guys, I figured it out. The input shaft wasn't lined up with the clutch teeth like NJsGT said. I had to jiggle it around for a while to get it to go.

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
Ya sometimes you just gotta get alittle rough with it to get the teeth to align.. Glad you got it. Now on to the fun part..... bleeding the slave line :naughty1:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back