Timing

PhoenixB

Reaction score
2011 gt. I just did opgs and I went to put the chain on and the sprocket is at 12 position straight up and the blue link is lined up with the black line at around 7 on the sprocket. The blue link up top seems to be a full half turn away from the L for drivers side. I noticed when I was taking them off that the links didn’t line up in the first place. What do I do? Have do make them line up? The other side is like this also.

8B1487A5-A1BA-4E54-8E61-242DD359C195.jpeg

FredB66

Reaction score
The colored links line up on initial installation of the timing set. If you turn the engine from there they won't line up again for many rotations, I've heard something like 20. Since you don't know where you are timing-wise and have the front cover off, if it were me, I'd start from scratch and line up all three.

Mustang Terlingua

Reaction score
They make Ford Shop Manuals on line for a really good reason. Read it FIRST all the way through & then take it apart ! I are Old & I learned that from a old Ford Mechanic (Y'all call em Techs now) when I was young & they only had paper manuals way back then !

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back