Took Delivery of our 15 EcoBoost Mustang today!

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You clearly have an axe to grind. Grind it in your own thread, I'm here to see what someone can do with the new 2.3EB. I was a big NO on the turbo 2.3, but I've been impressed by what has happened in the real world. I'll never buy a 2.3EB, but I'm interested in what everyone can do with them.

Your piss and moan fest shouldn't clutter this thread up like it is.

BlazinBoss302

forum member
Reaction score
You clearly have an axe to grind. Grind it in your own thread, I'm here to see what someone can do with the new 2.3EB. I was a big NO on the turbo 2.3, but I've been impressed by what has happened in the real world. I'll never buy a 2.3EB, but I'm interested in what everyone can do with them.

Your piss and moan fest shouldn't clutter this thread up like it is.

ditto

rdsx18

forum member
Reaction score
Yea who'd drive a stock mustang?

I don't think I drove a stock anything, in fact I have had my SHO for almost a month and haven't touched it, this might be the longest I've gone without modding lol.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I don't think I drove a stock anything, in fact I have had my SHO for almost a month and haven't touched it, this might be the longest I've gone without modding lol.
You're fucking up! Get a tune on that thing!!!

DonkeyLips

forum member
Reaction score
Very good gains, as is to be expected on a turbo engine.

The real question here is .... When does stuff start to break?

brent_G

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Yea I wanna know the power ceiling on the block. Blow this thing up already lol

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I think I would say Livernois has a history of doing very good setting records on all major platforms from still the fastest tune only f150 Eco to the fastest ecoboost Taurus Sho on the planet. Oh and from the worlds fastest zl1 to the fastest 2014 srt 8 jeep. I wouldn't call it sub par performance.

We will make the Ecoboost mustang the same caliber

There are a few customers that we can never make happy. But every customer has always been reached out to if there is a problem. Actually if someone from past or present has an issue call or email an I guarantee we will try an rectify the problem. We have been in business for many years and want to be. For many more So that's the customer service we want.

There are thousands of customers we make happy everyday. We've been the first to market on all of the new ford platforms and will continue to do so

Now let's get back to this Ecoboost mustang. We are working all weekend to get another tune developed for this car.

We'll report back early next week

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would be choked if my 310 hp car only put down 233 at the wheels, even with an automatic. 77 hp loss through the drivetrain? I call BS.

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I would be choked if my 310 hp car only put down 233 at the wheels, even with an automatic. 77 hp loss through the drivetrain? I call BS.

Our dyno has always been a heartbreaker. A 2013 Shelby does about 560-580 on it. And as mentioned above, a stock 3v makes similar HP on our dyno . Usually making right around this same number when an auto.

RED09GT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Stock 3V autos make 24x at the wheels on our dynapack so not that off.
If they were using a dynopack or a mustang dyno, I wouldn't be as skeptical. My 3v made 261 at the wheels on a dynojet and it was pretty much on the low side for 3v manual transmission cars that they had tested.
I've seen a couple 3V auto cars in the high 240's but the 3V is also rated at 10 less HP than the ecoboost. Something seems fishy.

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
If they were using a dynopack or a mustang dyno, I wouldn't be as skeptical. My 3v made 261 at the wheels on a dynojet and it was pretty much on the low side for 3v manual transmission cars that they had tested.
I've seen a couple 3V auto cars in the high 240's but the 3V is also rated at 10 less HP than the ecoboost. Something seems fishy.

Its a common misconception that dynojets read high. We used to have a mustang dyno, and the only thing I would say about the numbers from it are that they require so much manual data, that its easy to get incorrect numbers.

We have two mustang dynos locally that consistently read higher than our dynojet and there have been reports of manual trans cars making even less than we posted our auto car making.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score

Wow. Not one single dyno will show the exact same HP as another. You also have to consider the weather as you should know that effects HP readings as well. You need to stop posting stupid shit. Educate yourself please.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow. Not one single dyno will show the exact same HP as another. You also have to consider the weather as you should know that effects HP readings as well. You need to stop posting stupid shit. Educate yourself please.

Nothing wrong with a little skepticism.

RED09GT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Plenty educated, I just hate when shops heat soak a car, dyno it then claim enormous gains that are not there.
Agree to disagree.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back