Took my girl to the track tonight...

Brn N Rubr

forum member
Reaction score
Prior to this evening my girlfriend had never step foot at a drag strip let alone raced anything. She's driven my car quite a bit on the street so she was pretty familiar with it and has been with me when I've played a little.

This morning started off with a "classroom" session over breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Yum. We discussed the entire process from start to finish using our iPad for visuals.

After breakfast and a few errands we came home and she helped me throw on the Racestars and ET Streets. Then after getting dirty working on MY car, she went inside and made ME lunch. How awesome is that!?

Next was the test drive. We hopped on the highway and I had her make a few third to fourth gear pulls to get her accustomed to the speed and tires. Then I took her to an empty road and taught her how to do a short burnout proceeded by a moderate launch. She ran in through the gears and slowed down. I was impressed. Let's head to the track!!!

Her first pass I went with her. The track manager allowed me to ride as long as we didn't make a full pass. I had her do a short burnout, an easy launch, hit second, and then shut it down. We got to the end and I showed her where the turn around spot is and where to get the time slip. Time for her first solo!

She was understandably a little nervous. She did a wimpy burnout and an easy launch. For some reason they only turned on the 1/8 mile lights. She went [email protected]. Not to shabby. After a brief cool down I brought her back around.

She did a much better burnout this time and launched at about 4000. Still bogged some with a 2.004 60 ft, but she ran it out, hit all the gears, and tripped the lights at [email protected]!!!!!!!!! Hot damn...we have a winner!!!!!

Her next pass she got a little to aggressive with the launch and slowed to 13.5 followed by a 13.4. She was playing with launch technique and just learning and having fun. Overall she had an excellent time and can't wait to do it again. I am very impressed with how she did.

My goal is to teach her how to drive better than me. I want her to have a faster time slip than me in my own car! She's got a little work to do, but I think she can do it!

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like she had a good time. How is her reaction time? I am only asking because girls usually have better reaction times than guys.

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cool, I would never allow my wife to even do a burnout on mine...lol....

cdutchess78

forum member
Reaction score
girls that race are so hot! Theres a girl that goes to my track all the time that races an old powder blue chevelle! hot car + hot girl= me drooling.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
My goal is to teach her how to drive better than me. I want her to have a faster time slip than me in my own car! She's got a little work to do, but I think she can do it!
And what happens when she says you can't race the car because she can drive it better than you can? :roflmao:

Better start looking for another car, Slick. It is good that you've introduced her to the sport. Not many people can do that. Thanks!

Cool, I would never allow my wife to even do a burnout on mine...lol....
None of mine ever drove any of my race cars. Ever. Period. No fuckin' way. Hell...neither of them could drive a damn street car worth a shit. :LMAO:

How is her reaction time? I am only asking because girls usually have better reaction times than guys.

I've heard that countless times before and I'll respond as I always have:

Bullshit.

Brn N Rubr

forum member
Reaction score
And what happens when she says you can't race the car because she can drive it better than you can?

Better start looking for another car, Slick. It is good that you've introduced her to the sport. Not many people can do that. Thanks!

She gets to drive until she out does me, then it's my turn again. :)

And it's funny you call me "slick." That's actually her last name.

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
I've heard that countless times before and I'll respond as I always have:

Bullshit.[/QUOTE]
I hope this doesn't starting anything but how about the Don vs Donna. Donna usually gets better times than Don. Maybe because she is lighter.:roflmao:

MSgt46270

Reaction score
I tried to get my wife interested in racing, I took her down the track two times and Don_W wife (Donna) also took her down the track. She loved it, but was too scared to try it by her self.

What your doing is great, keep her interested in racing.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
Sounds like she had a good time. How is her reaction time? I am only asking because girls usually have better reaction times than guys.

I guess someone forgot to tell Ashley Force this. Her reaction times could be measured with a sun dial.

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
I guess someone forgot to tell Ashley Force this. Her reaction times could be measured with a sun dial.
lawlz @ ashley force

op: thanks to you now my wife wants to run my car at the track!

Last edited:

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Nice story! I'm trying to talk mine into going and racing her GT, but she'd rather have me race it.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
that's cool she's into it....I don't understand why you want her for be faster, I can if she's competitive however.

My wife has ran her 04 is300 and her 08 fusion at the track but that's about it. lol She doesn't drive a 5 speed so my cars are out of the question.

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
that's cool she's into it....I don't understand why you want her for be faster, I can if she's competitive however.
when i had my blown 01 GT this chick i was dating was SO convinced she could run a faster time than i could at the track...so we took turns driving it. her best pass? 13.3

mine? 12.1

you would think that wouldve ended the debate. but no.

but Brn N Rubr's chick is pretty cool so i dont foresee that kind of shit happening.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back