TR6060 reverse lamp switch bad?

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
So after my TR6060 swap I noticed my reverse lights are always on.

Tested the reverse lamp switch and it had almost no resistance whether the car was in reverse or not. The harness tested at 11.7 volt potential.

I'm thinking it's a bad switch. Thoughts?

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
So my voltage potential with the switch hooked up should be 12V when not in reverse, and 0V when in reverse, right?

lito

forum member
Reaction score
take the plug out, put the multimeter to measure resistance/ohm/continuity and probes to each pin, in reverse should show zero, and in any other position, infinite.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
When we plugged the multimeter into the switch, it showed zero for both reverse and not reverse.

My conclusion was the switch was stuck closed.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
I sold my 3650 last week unfortunately.

I wouldn't think they would be the same anyways. Reverse is over two slots and up one on the 6060 and over one and down one on the 3650. But idk. I'll take a pic of the 6060 sensor when it comes in.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Confirmed the sensor was bad. New one is in the car and it all works perfectly.

I will also say replacing that sensor is more trouble than I would have expected. It's in an extremely inconvenient location...

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My 6060 is doing the same thing reverse lights always on, I took the switch out and tapped it a few times hard and it fixed it but it went bad again. If you dont mind where did you find the switch or do you have the part number, might as well just replace it.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
My 6060 is doing the same thing reverse lights always on, I took the switch out and tapped it a few times hard and it fixed it but it went bad again. If you dont mind where did you find the switch or do you have the part number, might as well just replace it.

I found it on fordparts.com

I can't remember the number, but it's called a "reverse lamp switch" on there. I can look up a part number out of my book later tonight if need be.

Back