Trade for a Shelby?

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
More like shades of douchery... It has been a good read though...

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Well this has been a good Monday morning read! Thanks fellas.

It does have me kinda wanting to trade for a Shelby now, though.

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
I had to re-read this thread for a sanity check. I'm still in my Torch Red '05 and a '12 GT/CS popped up for sale around $22K w/ 25K miles. I still think I'd rather an older GT500. I'd settle on the 07-09 as I love the exterior styling but I love the idea of an 11-12 with an aluminum block. The 5.8L would be my dream engine in a modern platform.

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
BTW - I only ponder this as I'm looking at doing the cams, brakes and a possible Paxton 2200. Money possibly better spent on s better car.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Just find the blower setup used... get take off Brembo's from a 2011+ car. I'm still waiting for the prices to come down on this stuff. Patience is HUGE. I've saved a lot lately just finding deals.

https://youtu.be/-LntfNzZVIo Good jam through the crummy auto. You already have gears, and can run 93 octane, possibly even E85.

Last edited:

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
That's exactly what I need to think about, putting a Paxton/Vortech on my car. I just have 5.0/5.4/5.8 envy!

Considering my 16yo wants to get into a 2004+ F150 and my 14yo girls want a Jeep someday, I better keep focused on my 3V.

Last edited:

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
I missed all of the fun!

05gtowner - Pure Stock from SVTP has advised he's gone 12.2 @ 115 BONE STOCK in a 2011+ GT. With a tire, he went 12.0 @ 114 and has since gone 10's with bolt-ons.

Stock for Stock, a 5.0 is not beating a 2011+ GT500 in any way. One with a great driver like Pure Stock could probably "hang" with a 2010 GT500 at a track, but, I use the word "hang" loosely and don't think it would be at all normal.

Different game once you start modding.

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
05gtowner - Pure Stock from SVTP has advised he's gone 12.2 @ 115 BONE STOCK in a 2011+ GT. With a tire, he went 12.0 @ 114 and has since gone 10's with bolt-ons.

Want to see what a side by side coyote versus Shelby drag race really looks like? Both cars are completely stock, except the GT has Eibach Sportlines and cast 20" wheels. No CAI, no exhaust, stock tune. Both cars on the same 305/35-20 Nitto Drag Radials. DA was +1660.

My 2012 3.73 M6 412hp GT in the left lane, a friend's 2013 662hp GT500 in the right lane.

versusshelby.jpg

And that was actually my slowest pass of the night. Here are all three of my passes.

a2eaf72c-0618-455f-a1ca-0c699bdf6fbd.jpg

The reality is, a well-driven car with modest HP and a good tire is usually a match for all these high-HP cars we all hear about and never see. I've run known 700hp cars on the street from a dig just for fun and haven't lost yet. It's because a car like that is a fucking disaster on street tires and an unprepared surface. That's why you hear about all these no-driving fools running "in Mexico" from a 50 roll. Their car is nothing but a rolling dyno. Or worse, someone that castrates their GT500 or Supra with an automatic trans because the car is basically impossible to drive with a stick. Yuck.

GT500s are more exclusive and desirable, which will make them more collectible and valuable. The '07-10 cars with the iron block won't be quite as desirable. I'm very happy with my '12 GT but logically I can understand why someone would swap it for an older GT500. It's a completely different experience behind the wheel.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
If I wanted to beat everyone in races I'd have a 5.0 with a 6AT and a little hoot of the juice, on sticky mickey's.

Instead I will build a slip and slide 5-6 speed manual transmission 600 hp blower car that I can hopefully keep shiny side up until I'm too old and afraid to drive it.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Want to see what a side by side coyote versus Shelby drag race really looks like? Both cars are completely stock, except the GT has Eibach Sportlines and cast 20" wheels. No CAI, no exhaust, stock tune. Both cars on the same 305/35-20 Nitto Drag Radials. DA was +1660.

My 2012 3.73 M6 412hp GT in the left lane, a friend's 2013 662hp GT500 in the right lane.

And that was actually my slowest pass of the night. Here are all three of my passes.

The reality is, a well-driven car with modest HP and a good tire is usually a match for all these high-HP cars we all hear about and never see. I've run known 700hp cars on the street from a dig just for fun and haven't lost yet. It's because a car like that is a fucking disaster on street tires and an unprepared surface. That's why you hear about all these no-driving fools running "in Mexico" from a 50 roll. Their car is nothing but a rolling dyno. Or worse, someone that castrates their GT500 or Supra with an automatic trans because the car is basically impossible to drive with a stick. Yuck.

GT500s are more exclusive and desirable, which will make them more collectible and valuable. The '07-10 cars with the iron block won't be quite as desirable. I'm very happy with my '12 GT but logically I can understand why someone would swap it for an older GT500. It's a completely different experience behind the wheel.

I'm impressed with your trap speed. Probably the fastest stock one I've seen. Mine would only do 111 when it was stock driving the wheels off it.

Wraith

forum member
Reaction score
And until someone shows you the right way you wouldn't believe the difference that power shift makes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back