Trufiber hood quality?

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Man I LOVE this Mach hood! Looks mean as hell. Seriously thinking about ordering it. I have no experience with Trufiber products. Is the quality of their hoods good?

Thanks!

truefiberhood_zps6c97a1c0.jpg

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I want that hood too.. lets do a group buy.. someone PM us some killer prices!

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
i like it too. just looks like it would be more at home on a sn95 body style to me, but for the right price i'd buy one.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Well I will soon find out how great the quality is. I wound up ordering that hood through Stage 3 Motorsports last night. My painter is quoting me 500 for prep and paint which I thought was fair since his work is A+ so I decided to get the hood.

Now I have to find some hood pins.

lostsoul

Reaction score
I found it on fleabay pretty cheap.. but its the added pain and prep that will kill me.. then my wife will kill me =-... but I want it... ahhhhhhhh.. I would rather buy from a "Vendor" here though.. and support them.

Cal26Stang

forum member
Reaction score
Trufiber is one of the best hood providers in the business, they have great customer support and they make quality products. You won't be disappointed if you buy one!

lostsoul

Reaction score
BAM!! Fing Done.. wooooooooo.. I bought it.. its all mine.....

it will probably sit in the box like the fenders.. I feel like a Daren now.. maybe once a month I will pull them out and look at it.. ahhhhh

M1L1T1A

forum member
Reaction score
I can vouch for truefiber. Great quality. Minimum prep needed. Great fitment.
IKCrsZT.jpg

lostsoul

Reaction score
When I go to get quotes for painting, what should I ask them?

ex) color matching, how many coats are minimum, clear coats and anything else?

M1L1T1A

forum member
Reaction score
When I go to get quotes for painting, what should I ask them?

ex) color matching, how many coats are minimum, clear coats and anything else?

A good paint shop will know what to do, they will likely check your vin number and get a color sample to get a perfect match. You will usually have the option of whether to paint the underside of not. (do it) you should look to spend about $500-$600 out the door.

JCCNY

forum member
Reaction score
A perfect match is often tough, may have to blend. Good luck and post some pics when it's done.

lostsoul

Reaction score
cool. thanks guys.. I will start looking for a place soon..

maybe 3 cans of plasti-dip would be cheaper though.. haha

silverstang23

forum member
Reaction score
I had one of their hoods and would not buy another. I ultimately ended up taking it off the car. They are junk. The fiberglass get's spider cracks and they are very thin. Cervini makes a much better product IMO

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
BAM!! Fing Done.. wooooooooo.. I bought it.. its all mine.....

it will probably sit in the box like the fenders.. I feel like a Daren now.. maybe once a month I will pull them out and look at it.. ahhhhh

Congrats. So who did you order it from and when is it due to arrive? Yellow Freight shows mine right now in Dallas. Been tracking it since last Friday on their website where it left Trufiber in Corona California and they've moved the delivery date back twice now. Currently the date is set for this Friday. Sure hope it comes then because hood pins and hood struts are arriving today. Would like to get it pre fit and pre drilled over the weekend so I can get it over to my painter next week. And yes of course I'm hoping for no freight carrier damage.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back