Trufiber hood quality?

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Congrats. So who did you order it from and when is it due to arrive? Yellow Freight shows mine right now in Dallas. Been tracking it since last Friday on their website where it left Trufiber in Corona California and they've moved the delivery date back twice now. Currently the date is set for this Friday. Sure hope it comes then because hood pins and hood struts are arriving today. Would like to get it pre fit and pre drilled over the weekend so I can get it over to my painter next week. And yes of course I'm hoping for no freight carrier damage.

talk about timing.. 2 minutes before I got to this thread I got a call and they have it here in stockton. Today I have off and of course they didnt get it on the truck in time to make it today =-/. Anyways, I told them to leave it at the door.. hopefully, a hood is a little hard to steal, but I have no way to check damage now.. ahhhh

I got it at the same place on fleabay.. I will probably go with the same look as the pic above, but of course it will look better because its on screamn yellow(the best color in the world!... period!... yea)..

I still have to call paint shopts.. I just hate the idea that I will be paying close to a 1000 I bet =-/ 2 fenders and a hood. ahhhh..

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Ha ha! Funny timing here too. Just got a call from Yellow Freight. Said the driver will be here Friday with a 53 ft trailer LOL! Hell Im going to have to meet him somewhere else but my house I'm sure. I don't think he'll be able to negotiate my neighborhood with a trailer that long. Told the lady to have the driver call when he's 30 minutes out just in case he wants to possibly meet somewhere else. This should be interesting......

lostsoul

Reaction score
Do you think it will be cheaper and easier if I just hand the pain shop the fender and hood or should I put it on the car first then just leave the car there for a week or so..

Last time (long ago) i spent 3K and had a whole body kit done.. sheet was flaking off after 3 weeks =-/

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Do you think it will be cheaper and easier if I just hand the pain shop the fender and hood or should I put it on the car first then just leave the car there for a week or so..

Last time (long ago) i spent 3K and had a whole body kit done.. sheet was flaking off after 3 weeks =-/

If your able to i would suggest you prefit the hood and fenders yourself. It will save yourself a little cash.

lostsoul

Reaction score
cool.. then I'll slap the shit on.. it shouldn't be too much of an issue.. I'm getting all excited like a little girl now..

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
I have both hood and trunk that are Tru Carbon, and unless you just wanted to paint over the carbon fiber there is absolutely no prep work to be done. Both fit as well as the stock Ford pieces and certainly didn't require any adjustment to adjacent body panels.

lostsoul

Reaction score
looks good except for the cam pic.. haha

now I have go wait till I get time to paint it..

20130314_205711.jpg

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
^^ Nice. So was it well packed and protected? Waiting on my call from the Yellow Freight guy. I will rest easy once I inspect it today and I know there is no damage. It's a long ride from Cali to TN. About how tall is the rise in the cowl at it's highest point? 2 or 3 inches?

lostsoul

Reaction score
They did a good job at packing it up and it had the thick cardboard sections on the ends.. Trying to get a friend to help me install the fenders and hood, but he will be busy the next few weeks .. I need a local car friend =-/

Last edited:

DRock

Reaction score
Everything leaves their warehouse packed like crazy. They try their very best to keep everything the way its supposed to be in shippin. I have no complaints with any of their parts, and i have tons

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Well here is mine. Driver called at 8am and yep....he was in a 53 footer so I just had him drop it off here at work at the ambulance shop. Driver and I pulled it out of the box to inspect and was perfect. Came well packed just like you guys said. I like how they bolted wood stilts to the hood to help protect it. Glad I brought straps today for the 17 mile ride home in my truck. Hopefully I can get this on the car this weekend for prefitting and getting the holes drilled out for the hood pin kit. Off to the painter sometime next week.

IMG_20130315_094407_720_zps8a02ab67.jpg

lostsoul

Reaction score
too bad you were not close by.. I need help.. my 100lbs wife is not very helpful.. haha

She never holds my bolts :kill:

javdog07c/s

forum member
Reaction score
I also have several of their products and are very happy with the quality and fit.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Got the hood on yesterday and was very happy with the fit and finish. I had to make some minor adjustments which was expected like adjusting the height of the hood latch. I also had to elongate the driver side hood hinge slots so I could draw the hood towards the rear a little more on that side. So yeah I'm real happy. My painter friend dropped by yesterday and gave it a big thumbs up on quality. All I've got to do now is finish installing the Drake hood pin kit. Painter will be ready by the end of the week for it.

lostsoul

Reaction score
I cant remember what hood pins I got sitting from long ago.. I hate the idea of drilling holds in the hood.. does it really need it? The other fiber hood I had needed it, but not sure on this one.. Hopefully, next weekend I can get a friend to come down and help... maybe.. haa

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
I hate the idea of drilling holds in the hood.. does it really need it? The other fiber hood I had needed it, but not sure on this one..

I feel better having the pins on. If the main latch ever gave way the hood could flex and crack under high speed. Cheap insurance IMO.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Hood fitted and drilled for pins. Painter is picking up the hood this afternoon. Notice the nice hole in the quarter panel. 3D Carbon fender vents painted and ready to go in there.

IMG_20130327_055014_064_zpsc12d974b.jpg

lostsoul

Reaction score
dude... I'm doing that!

you cant copy me.... copying the other guys :beerdrink:

I have a friend coming over(hopefully) today or tomorrow to help install it all.

lostsoul

Reaction score
how did you get the rocker panel off? those bottom push plastic pins are in there good. I have one half way out and I cant get it to come out.. =-/..

also your taking in your car parts painted without it being on the car? I was going to do this but others thought it would be better to have it on the car that way they can paint match.. but of course its its on the car they will not be able to paint some covered spots.. but you want them to paint match too =-/ ahhhhhh

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back