Trufiber hood quality?

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
how did you get the rocker panel off? those bottom push plastic pins are in there good. I have one half way out and I cant get it to come out.. =-/..

also your taking in your car parts painted without it being on the car? I was going to do this but others thought it would be better to have it on the car that way they can paint match.. but of course its its on the car they will not be able to paint some covered spots.. but you want them to paint match too =-/ ahhhhhh

Those pins if I recall are almost two inches long and are stubborn to get out without breaking them. Sometimes it takes pliers.

As far as paint match goes with mine being Ford UA black it's really not a big deal. My painter already did my 3D Carbon fender vents and they match my fender perfectly. Your car is yellow so blending might be necessary.

I understand your frustration on prefitting the parts. On the other hand if you gave your body/paint guys the parts and they didn't fit right they are going to charge you for that time. I try to save wherever I can. So me I would pull the OEM panels, prefit the new ones and have the bodyshop, disassemble, paint, reassemble and blend. Nothing is easy with paints of color.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
cool.. thanks for the info.. Im already looking for replacement plastic pins.. haha.

Found out a few min ago my that my friend was not going to make it. I'm all alone again.. sheeet

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Man I LOVE this Mach hood! Looks mean as hell. Seriously thinking about ordering it. I have no experience with Trufiber products. Is the quality of their hoods good?

Thanks!

truefiberhood_zps6c97a1c0.jpg

^^^^ That picture is the exact one that sold me on the hood.

This is the hood I have on my car for a few years now... So far so good with it, no real problems from it.

I do have hood struts and have noticed a slight bulge from them on the hood.

Mustang81.jpg

0409111611.jpg

P2270009.jpg

0512112122.jpg

0411112010.jpg

0413111930.jpg

Last edited:

lostsoul

Reaction score
damn that looks good. and right color..haha

as for me I'm still in the "this is BS phase" of ripping things apart.. I have fought like hell to pull those damn plastic parts that hold the rocker panel.. I got them, but damn.. I thought this shit was suppose to be easy.. sheeesh.. Ill post up some pics soon..

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
damn that looks good. and right color..haha

as for me I'm still in the "this is BS phase" of ripping things apart.. I have fought like hell to pull those damn plastic parts that hold the rocker panel.. I got them, but damn.. I thought this shit was suppose to be easy.. sheeesh.. Ill post up some pics soon..

Needle nose pliers are your friend haha

lostsoul

Reaction score
Needle nose pliers are your friend haha

ohhh trust me.. I did.. but unless you have a very large needle nose it wont help much. I used a 3 step BS process that knocked the time down from 1 in 20 minutes to maybe 5. I used a flat head to pry a little gap then used the needle nose to open in more and then I used a long handled wrench. U would screw it on tight and then use it to pry the fucker out. I still broke a few off, but those things are crazy. They are not easy pop outs like the interior stuff.. These things are dug in there and burred .. If I was not hard core like beefcake and seer I would have given up :thud:

But I fought.. and fought!

20130328_162548.jpg

and I did it...I had to do this alone and scrapped the paint a little trying to put one side on.. Its good to have help if possible.. (still waiting to put the hood on later)..

20130328_165827.jpg

20130328_142048.jpg

The fitment of the fenders were good.. there needs to be some sanding on the edges, but nothing major...

And of course at the very damn end of it... I did a Darren..

20130328_162603.jpg

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
^^^^ That picture is the exact one that sold me on the hood.

This is the hood I have on my car for a few years now... So far so good with it, no real problems from it.

I do have hood struts and have noticed a slight bulge from them on the hood.

Hood looks great on your car! What width are your stripes? 8"? 10"?
What brand of struts do you have? Redlines? I bought the Roush struts.

ohhh trust me.. I did.. but unless you have a very large needle nose it wont help much. I used a 3 step BS process that knocked the time down from 1 in 20 minutes to maybe 5. I used a flat head to pry a little gap then used the needle nose to open in more and then I used a long handled wrench. U would screw it on tight and then use it to pry the fucker out. I still broke a few off, but those things are crazy. They are not easy pop outs like the interior stuff.. These things are dug in there and burred .. If I was not hard core like beefcake and seer I would have given up :thud:

Looks like it's coming along though. At least you can rest easy when you know everything fits right.

lostsoul

Reaction score
yea.. I left a few bolts out since I think they will tear things apart anyways. just need the wife to help me throw on the hood, then I need to start pricing out shops.

lostsoul

Reaction score
wait a minute.. I didnt open the package all the way.. but the hood has the 2 vents on the front and cowl in back with NO openings??? =-/

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
wait a minute.. I didnt open the package all the way.. but the hood has the 2 vents on the front and cowl in back with NO openings??? =-/

Your cowl in the back does not have the two vent screens? No way lol. Let's see a pic of that!

They are 11" wide.

Can't remember what brand hood struts they are. I believed redlines, I know they are not Roush.

Was asking about the hood struts because you mentioned the hood bowing slightly from them. I can see how that would happen with the Redlines because the strut mounts to the edge of the hood close to the middle. The Roush hood struts mount at the factory hinge which shouldn't cause that problem. At least I hope so. My hood is still at the paint shop so I guess we'll see when I get it back.

lostsoul

Reaction score
Finally finished my 7 day work stretch. Got the wife to finally help me =-/..

20130408_214315.jpg

20130408_214325.jpg

20130408_214338.jpg

20130408_214348.jpg

The sad part is I cant figure out why the hood wont latch all the way.. it clicks in the first one to lock, but doesnt seem to get all the way there. I lowered the bump stops and the hood goes down farther then the fenders so I dont get it.

Hood looks cool.. wife still thinks I'm a loser . I have to hit ford and get some plastic replacement parts. then call some places..

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Nice progress. Your going to have to remove the plastic radiator cover and loosen the two bolts that hold the latch. The latch is slotted and will move up some. If that's still not enough you'll have to put a couple spacers between the hood and the hook that bolts to it to lower the hook closer to the latch mechanism.

MELLOWYELLOW06

forum member
Reaction score
Looks great.

I have had several hoods but I keep going back to my favorite, the FIBERGLASS VENOM IN YELLOW.

Non-twist pin hood locks, more aggressive original mold Venom
CIMG2264.jpg

Venom2 with the recessed hood pins

20121020_111145.jpg

3" Carbon Fiber Cowl
20121103_101810.jpg

Carbon supershaker hood
30-hotchkis-mustang-ws.jpg

Here is a not so lucky friend who didnt even have a chance to get it painted!
utf-8BY2lkXzU1Mi5qcGc.jpg

Last edited:

lostsoul

Reaction score
Damn.. See thses hoods do increased HP! Hahah

I did some adjusting and hood closes good now. Adjusted the bump stops and its closed good. I took it out to get prices for painting, even at high speeds I don't see any shaking so I don't think I'll do the hood pins.

As for painting the first 2 places told me 2500! For the hood and fenders.. Finally hit another shop that will do it for 1k. And warranty it..

While I was out no one wanted to roll next to me. Hahah

her name is ponie

forum member
Reaction score
I don't have any fiber glass from TF but I do have their Carbon Fiber pieces and I can say they're great :)

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
As for painting the first 2 places told me 2500! For the hood and fenders.. Finally hit another shop that will do it for 1k. And warranty it..

Holy chit! Yeah a grand for all is more like it. I was quoted 500 for two front fenders plus 500 for the hood but did the 3D Carbon vents instead. Your getting a good deal.

lostsoul

Reaction score
I dropped the car off today.. we will see how "good" of a deal I got. The guys have been in business for 20 years, but its a small place. They seem cool, but i will have to put everything back my self. I stopped by ford to get those black plastic spears..

They had a 2013 gt500 black on black for 65 FUCKING K!!! =-/

she was a beauty though..

lostsoul

Reaction score
ooooohhhhh yea..

20130415_104050.jpg

20130415_104056.jpg

20130415_104104.jpg

20130415_104107.jpg

Sorry for the camera pics.. over all not bad for $800 but in no way perfect.. there were obvious spots they missed even simple things on the mesh with flat black so I'm going over there to get it touched up. but I like it and it brings fear on the street. Procharger + vents = bad ass

They told me not to really wash the car for a month(water only) and no wax for a year? Should I put anything on it? sealant or something?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back